All reviewsshuttle servicefree shuttlewithin a mile radiusfront desktwo bedroom suitelouis downtownfull kitchenfree dinnerhotel shuttlemarriott propertiessleeper sofacity museumliving areayogurtthe hotel offershappy hourrooms are large
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Our shower drain was full of hair and we had no linens for the sofa bed when we arrived. The staff took care if this however. The ceiling in the bathroom was peeling as there is no ventilation. The hot tub and pool were dirty and the hot tub jets weren't working. Breakfast was late then the scrambled eggs were runny...who likes those?
While the staff was overwhelmed, they were always responsive, friendly, and professional. I hope management shows their appreciation to them.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorothy S
Janessa C, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your recent visit. Please accept our sincerest apologies for all of the problems you experienced and rest assured that everything has been addressed with our team. We are however glad to hear that our staff took such great care of you!
We certainly hope this does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.
Thank you so much again for your feedback; we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Alas less than thrilled with stay, ac not working properly (cooled but not enoufh, we stayed other guests xhwcked out), hot breakfast foods cold, staff not friendly, carpet in room paint stains & not vacuumed, no shampoo in bathroom nor at front desk, reported problems to CS but no resolution after 10 days

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank bijoux1919

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent the problems you encountered from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to St. Louis.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We arrived late, checked into our suite and found a portable a/c unit running in the common area. The two bedrooms were hot and it was an unseasonably cool evening; we tried opening the windows, but there were no screens on them - we didn't want mosquitos and other bugs coming inside. I tried to call the front desk; the phone rang 15-20 times with no answer; I went to the front desk. The clerk was not friendly and wasn't too interested in helping. Finally, she agreed to move us to another suite. This suite had a portable a/c unit in one bedroom and a box fan in the other, but it was more comfortable than the 1st suite. One bedroom/bathroom was cleaned after our first night; but trash was not removed in common area and other the bedroom/bathroom was not cleaned. We asked as we were headed out on the second day to have the room cleaned; which was done when we returned. Why only clean one bedroom/bathroom and not the other? The morning we checked out, there was no hot water. It was hard to get ready to travel home with only cold water. There was only one glass, two coffee cups and a two bowls in the kitchen; no kitchen towels to do dishes. We were excited that we found what we wanted - two separate bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchenette and common space; though we found it, we were very disappointed with the upkeep and service of this facility. Shuttle service was good.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank dkksh93
Janessa C, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

We certainly hope this does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.
Thank you so much again for your feedback; we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

This hotel is close to downtown without being in the actual downtown. We had a nice view of 1/2 of the arch from our windows.
When reserving the room, I wanted the 2 bedroom suite where one of the bedrooms has 2 beds in it. It isn't possible to guarantee which 2 bedroom room you'll get when you reserve. We ended up with 1 queen bed in each of the 2 rooms. Having 2 bathrooms was convenient for my family. No one wanted to sleep on the small living room sofa. The reading chair in the living room was behind the tv and didn't have a light for reading.
The breakfast is varied, has hot foods and plenty of it. The breakfast staff work hard to get people what they want.
We arrived on a Wed and there was a hosted party with beer, wine and soda. There was a food truck outside for those who wanted to buy a dinner.
We tried to use the hot tub one night. The water was dirty and the jets didn't work.
Cleanliness was an issue at times. The bathroom vents were not clean. One afternoon, we returned to our room to get ready for a wedding and one bathroom vanity carpet was soaking wet. There must have been an incident while cleaning which no one took care of.
Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
I like this hotel but wish there was more attention to detail. Leaving our carpet soaking wet when someone knew there was an issue caused me to rate the hotel lower than I'd like.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I travel often for work and I typically stay at Hilton properties. After staying one night at the Downtown St. Louis Residence Inn, I now know why!

When we first tried to check in at 3:30 pm, the lobby was full of unhappy people. The hotel still did not have rooms available to occupy, and by the comments being made from several customers, they had been waiting for quite some time. We turned around and decided to grab lunch and come back. Coming back was our mistake! There was only one man checking people in and he was obviously not thrilled with his job. No "welcome", no smile, just "what's your name?"

I had a room that faced the freeway and the street noise was so loud I had to blare white noise from my phone all night to try to sleep. I would have turned the TV on to drown out the noise, but there was NO TV remote in the bedroom. I called the front desk three times asking for one to be brought up. After 45 min. I called again and they said they still couldn't find one for me - Seriously??? The front desk told me they would take something off my bill for the inconvenience. I just opened my folio that was placed under my door, and they happily charged me the FULL amount of my stay.

I am so thankful that yesterday we cancelled tonight's reservation at this location and we will be moving to the Hyatt by the arch - I KNOW from past stays at this Hyatt location, I will have a much better customer experience! Do yourself a favor and keep scrolling to find another hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the freeway - The noise level is a joke
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business