“Excellent service”

Carmine's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmine's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 3 237 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Carmine's Steak House, located in the heart of downtown St. Louis in the newly renovated Drury Plaza Hotel, promises and delivers the finest in aged steaks, hand-cut chops, rack of lamb, chicken and seafood entrees, as well as Lombardo's signature toasted ravioli. House made desserts, from our in house pastry chef. Extensive wine list. With private rooms that can accommodate 10-170 people and nightly complimentary valet parking, Carmine's offers convenience for tourists, business meetings, and local diners alike.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a company dinner here and it was great. I had the filet covered with a mushroom whiskey sauce. It was cooked perfectly. The service was outstanding and I heard nobody in our group complain about anything

Michael L, General Manager at Carmine's Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time out to give us such a great review. We are so glad your company dinner was outstanding. Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Carmine’s was within walking distance of the Hyatt Regency hotel where we were staying. My husband and I went for dinner on a Sunday evening. We had 7:00 PM reservation, but weren’t needed as the dining room was almost empty, which made us a bit skeptical; however, the atmosphere was quiet and made for a relaxed evening after a long day of walking and sightseeing. Upon entering I noticed a large painting on the wall; the lighting is dull, and the décor is a bit dated and can use a facelift.

Our server was nice, but overly attentive, so much so that we felt rushed. He started reeling off the daily specials before we even got settled in our seats; he returned shortly thereafter to ask if we were ready to order, and we had to request a few more minutes, as we didn’t have time to look at the menu. When he returned we ordered drinks and appetizer, as we needed to decide on our meal. Upon serving the drinks, he asked again if we were ready to order; we asked for a few minutes more as my husband was still deciding which steak he wanted. At that point, it was becoming a bit annoying, but we figured he probably didn’t realize what he was doing because it was not busy.

Our entire dining experience was about an hour. However, despite the rushed service, the food was very good. For starter we had the crab cake and my husband and I both had the filet mignon, which was cooked perfectly; the steak had nice crust on the outside and was juicy and tender on the inside. Overall, the prices were what we expected and while dining experience was short, we enjoyed the meal and each other’s company.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I was eager to try this establishment out, but it didn't live up to my expectations. The price was marginal, but the menu needs an overhaul. We were seated in a very nice location and the restaurant itself is great, however, it could benefit from a little life. It seemed as though the meal was a sort of 'going through the motions' kind of event.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Steaks were great.
Service from waiter was from one doing his utmost but operated with no discretion or flexibility from manager.
Service from manager was bad. I had to engage with her to get a little bit of spinach as a substitute side as the cauliflower and potatoes were not gluten free ( I am coeliac). Her manner was quite truculent.
Decor was old and outdated. No good feel factor at all.
Would not return.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

This steakhouse was close to Hyatt and our group of 6 men picked it for dinner. Steak was very good though I had better steaks in Texas. Service was fantastic with waiter happy to make recommendations encouraging to try local specialties. Overall, it is a good option in the area.

I cannot say enough how thankful we are for your time and kind words. We very hard to provide some of the very best food and service in St. Louis and it is always wonderful to hear when it pays off! Thanks again for your review and please come back and see us anytime.