“Coffee done right”

Gelateria Del Leone
Ranked #29 of 99 Dessert in Saint Louis
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I’m fairly simple when it comes to the coffee I drink. The coffee and blueberry muffin from the Gelateria hit the spot this morning. A neighborhood coffee shop, not a corporate chain. Perfect.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Gelataria is a great place with different flavors of ice cream. For a dairy free person, you can get soy ice cream which is delicious. Flavors vary day to day, so you will need to go back often!

Reviewed 29 December 2017

In theory, gelato should be more flavorful than ice cream and more dense. The opposite is true here. The gelato I've tried has just a hint of flavor--no more. It is also more the consistency of soft serve. It has all the other fine qualities of gelato, just a general absence of intense flavor.

Last night, I had a cherry variety, but could not taste the cherry whatsoever. This is fairly typical of the gelato here. That being said, it is still a nice place to get gelato. It's not horribly expensive (about three bucks for a small serving).

If you have younger kids with you, do them, yourselves, and the other patrons a favor and find someplace else. Your kids probably won't enjoy it (they will like traditional ice cream much more), and the seating is not conducive to little ones who like to roam around or play inside.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This is the closest thing to Italian gelato we have found. Delicious flavors except the Vanilla Chai could use more chai. Lovely atmosphere and the cappuccino was perfect.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

After a nice dinner, my family and I decided to try this place, near our restaurant, for dessert. I love ice cream, and gelato even more so. So, it was very disappointing when we ordered vanilla fudge and chai tea gelato and got... cool and refreshing blandness. It did not taste bad, just did not have much of any taste to it. There were some nice looking baked goods on display, but we did not try them. Prices were fine, but I guess you get what you pay for.