“Beautiful Ride”

Lost Canyon Nature Trail and Cave
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Ridgedale
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been to Big Cedar Lodge many times but never done the Lost Canyon ride till this trip. We went for the ride at 6:30 on a warm summer evening. The trail takes you through a few short tunnels through the bedrock. I am not certain if they are naturla caves or created but either way they add to the ride. There are multiple water falls which I would assume have been created. The views along the ride are beautiful. You will see covered bridges, water features in the caves and outside, perfectly landscaped trails, and fabulous trees reaching for the sky that confirm this part of the country has in own kind of mountains.

I think this ride makes a great activity for couples as it has a nice romantic feel and adult drinks are available along the way. In terms of taking kids - I'd only do this if they really appreciate nature.

This is a expensive activity (as are the majority at Big Cedar). The cost of $30 per person is worth it but I would agree this cost is steep as many of people have noted.

Would I come back and do it again? Yes - in a different season. Would I have done it another time during the week we were here? If BC offered additional rides after the first for a reduced cost. I would have taken my daughter and her friend (2 teenagers) if the cost was more reasonable. For me and my family we love BC but we always have to be selective in what we do due to cost or we will overspend.

Bottom-line... I would give this a excellent/5 if the cost was a bit more reasonable.

Hope this candid review helps you to choose what you want to do at BC or when your in the area.

2  Thank David S
"fall colors"
in 6 reviews
"minute tour"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a birthday surprise my daughter & son n law.....
9 yr old granddaughter total of 6 2 carts....absolutely amazing beauty.....gorgeous setting of mountains waterfalls view of lake & top it off riding thru the cave. .MAGNIFICIENT!
They have such beautiful pathways & its comfortable as well! Handicap accessible for sure!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful cart drive through canyons, caves and water falls. A little pricey , but with 4 people it was more than worth it.

1  Thank Dwayne L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great activity for the whole family. There are plenty of places to stop and take photos or check out the views.