“Authentically French!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

This is such a quaint lovely restaurant with simple cosy ambience. Patrice & his staff were very accommodating and hospitable.
It was my first time there since my friend Lawrence was always raving about it since he’s a local and I live more than an hour away drive.
For entree we had Escargot & Cheese Souffle , our mains were the famous Steak made to absolute perfection with Peppercorn sauce, matched with a beautiful Pinot Noir.
My God, everything tasted amazing and beautiful, the textures were perfect & even though we were absolutely stuffed to the maximum, we managed to eat our Creme Brûlée desert. The only thing I would suggest would be to decrease or remove the alcohol from the Creme Brûlée, there was a bit too much to it and heavy on the palette.
I would say it was worth the long drive to eat in such a cozy, beautiful little restaurant. I would bring my family here to experience real, authentic wonderful French cuisine. I totally loved and enjoyed each morsel... will be back again for sure!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We return frequently and for a special occasions to our local, favourite restaurant. Love the zucchini flowers, the duck, the steak, desserts... Just wish they could cater more for coeliacs.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

When we arrived, the restaurant had that intoxicating aroma of French food. Garlic and all that other great smells were coming from the kitchen. It's a warm and friendly restaurant with great service. You feel right at home and are full of anticipation.
The food doesn't disappoint. We started out with delicious entrees; my wife had the cheese souffle and I had the scallops.
We booked on the Thursday night which has a "mussels" special - steamed black mussels in a white wine, cream and shallot marinière sauce served with French fries. Absolutely delicious and you need some bread to soak up the sauce.
Unfortunately, we were too full for desert. This was all accompanied by some delicious French wines. Try the Andre Dupuis Chardonnay. All up, a wonderful evening.

1  Thank Peter-and-Jann
Reviewed 12 April 2018

You cannot ever go wrong eating here. Its always good, always reliable. Prefect service, chips and steak are the best. Wine choice beautiful and when you sit outside under the red little fairy lights you could almost be in France somewhere. Well done Patrice and team

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I came here for my birthday dinner with my family and we all left full and happy! There were 8 of us in total, so between us we ordered most of the mains and not one morsel of food was left over! Everything was beautifully cooked and the staff were just lovely. Great atmosphere too. Will definitely be coming back!