“Arrived hungry, 7pm, July 28th.”
Review of The George Inn

The George Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Newnham
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional warm and friendly rustic pub in the heart of the Kent countryside that oozes in character with its exposed wood beams, hanging hops, log burner & inglenook fireplace. The George, as it is affectionately known, started life as a farm building in the 1500s and became a pub in 1718. It even has its own bus service, direct from Sittingbourne - just look for the bus with "The George" on the front. The George Inn has 80 seater capacity including its own 50 seater restaurant that can cater for all special occasions.Locally sourced seasonal produce is always used to create all our home made dishes . You can keep updated with our monthly music plus other events at the George by looking us up on facebook "The George Inn Newnham".We recommend booking tables in advance.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Two hungry people Arrived about 7pm having spent the afternoon at Sissinghurst Castle. We drove through some beautiful country lanes, low golden sun flashing between trees.
My wife eats meat, I don't. We both had plenty to choose from. She had steak & ale pie which came with garden peas, small carrots & chips (she couldn't finish it!) I had vegan lasagne which was served with garlic bread & a small wilted salad. Totally delicious! best vegan meal I've had in ages, especially at a country pub. I demolished all of mine. Real ale was good. Staff friendly, helpful and well informed. Good value. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a lovely place! Could not fault anything. The George has an amazing atmosphere and decor is stunning. The food was incredible and presented with perfection. The new landlords are lovely and greeted us on arrival. The staff could not have been more helpful and attentive. We all can't wait till our next visit in two weeks. Recommending to everyone!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So booked for fathers day with large family , food is ok and service ok previous Sunday was given the bill before I’d even asked for it !!! New landlord seems ok but never comes to chat . Would I come again to eat then no but to drink yes as local and walking distance .

David E, Owner at The George Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thankyou you Jane for your review, sorry I wasn't available to chat but as I'm also the head chef cooking your meal I was occupied in the kitchen .
I would like to thankyou for trying us again and coming back for our Friday fish and chips., hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards
David Elliott
Landlord/head chef

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have used the George inn in the past and looked forward to the reopening. Since returning I have no complaints. I came in the first week and met 2 young girls in the restaurant, each of whom are very welcoming and bubbly. I spoke with a young man and an older woman on the bar, it was evident both know their way around the bar. The pair of younger girls managed excellently across the floor, they kept busy and were very attentive; eg. Topping up drinks, meeting customers needs etc. they had their work cut out as it was a busy night. The new look of the place is very nice and I cannot fault the food. There is wide choice on the menu. I had the seabass and it was fantastic. I will be returning and look forward to meeting the new owners and other members of the team-I wish them the very best!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and our youngsters decided to attend the father's day special, and what a special day it was! The food was exceptional, and the service was, as the youth say, top-notch. In particular, our server, a goregous young blonde woman was extremely accomadating and attended to all of our needs, as were all the staff I encountered. The food itself was of a high standard and was very good value. Overall, the experience was fabulous and myself and my family will definitely reattend one of your other events.

1  Thank Lauren J