All reviews crystal towers table mountain cape town valet parking african pride mood lighting free shuttle modern luxury purple lighting canal walk star service knife restaurant shuttle service excellent hotel conference facilities out of this world hotel restaurant
Reviewed 3 June 2018

This hotel tops the list of the hotels that I hav estayed at thus far! i can compare it to Southern Sun Montecasino, where i was once.

The staff's service and passion of work oozing from the way they are handling client querries or requests etc, is very much welcoming. very much great hospitality from the staff.

the hotel's interior and exterior designs and decor is on its own modernised!

will definitely visit again!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CrystalTowers, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Chilldum,

Your amazing review just made my morning. Thank you for the great feedback of your recent experience at the Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers.

Our team strives to ensure each and every guest has a truly brilliant stay and it makes me proud to see that they have accomplish this during your stay with us.

We at the Crystal Towers looks forward to welcome you back to yet another wonderful hospitality experience!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel several times and they are always superb.

For accommodation: rooms are unique, with the interesting ambient lighting, "tube" shower and mirror design on the walls. Beds are super comfortable, with the hidden TV that electronically rises from the foot end of the bed another modern nice feature. Views from the room can either be over canal walk's water features, or even a spectacular Table Mountain view as I had this time. Rooms are quite noise proof, so it is easy to get well rested like one would expect at a good hotel.

Business wise, the hotel offers excellent conference facilities and can host quite large groups or even smaller separate functions in different well equipped boardrooms, with quality service and catering throughout the day.

The hotel restaurant offers a decent breakfast spread, as well as good lunch and dinner options. A separate functioning restaurant, "Knife" is also available in the hotel, although I found their menu to be a bit disappointing and way overpriced - better dining options are available in the adjacent Canal Walk Mall, or within easy travel distance if one wishes to explore a bit further.

I found hotel personnel to be extremely friendly and helpful -Anzill was on duty most of this week when I needed anything, and his service, friendly attitude and helpful manner deserves a special mention.

The Hotel is easy to reach from the airport by taxi and travel options are plenty from Century City to explore the Cape.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
CrystalTowers, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Deon L,

Thank you for such a magnificent review of your most recent stay at the Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers. Your description of our hotel, the facilities available and our wonderful team, is just simply mind blowing.

It is just always fantastic to receive such wonderful feedback from our corporate travelers, as we always strive to make it feel just like a home away from home. I will most definitely share your review with the remainder of the team, especially with Anzil, to show them that their hard work did not get unnoticed.

Thank you for always making our hotel your home during your travels to Cape Town and we cannot wait to welcome you back to yet another unforgettable experience!

Reviewed 11 May 2018

I've stayed at Marriot Hotel Crystal Towers for 4 nights in April, all the staff I met during my stay was really helpful with a smile especially the duty manager Ibrahim which is superbe. i was assign a room with table mountain view - great. the room has modern furniture, especially the shower.... amazing, turn down service, cleanliness,. bottles of water was offered in room which is great. one afternoon I was walking barefoot in the lobby after a long day out. surprise someone knock at my door and slippers was offered .....woah effect...... they would go extra miles to please guest. the only issue I had was skype/messenger voice call wasn't working at all. but wifi was good though. walking to canal walk mall if you are alone especially in the evening i won't recommend coz you have to cross the bridge which is fine and walk at the back entrance which is a bit dark and barely no one there . hotel perfect, would definitely come back.
All the best to the whole team

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CrystalTowers, Owner at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Meili14

It is just fantastic to see that you had a wonderful experience at the Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers and that our entire team went out of their way to ensure you had a truly brilliant experience at our hotel.

I will most definitely share your magnificent review with the rest of the team to show them that their hard work did not get unnoticed and to continue to motivate them to deliver exceptional service.

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with us and we cannot wait to welcome you back again for your next visit to Cape Town!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife for a weekend getaway. I've frequented this hotel before it became a Marriott chain hotel and it has become shocking.

Ordered a cokctail at the Orah bar and gave up after sending the third one back. First the slow waitress go it wrong. Then the barman made up a Crystal Mojito that was not made of any of the ingredients listed.

Eventually had a Vodka since that's not easy to screw up. The beer selection is below par for a 5 star establishment. No craft or local beers.

The Orah bar only opens at 3pm so good luck if you want to use the place for a business lunch. This is simply ridiculous as the alternative is on the 1st floor and not plush. This never used to be the case when it was run by African Pride. The new Orah decor is so bland compared to the old style.

The beautiful rooms are untouched which is a saving grace.

I'd recommend rather staying at Lagoon Beach hotel, even for a business trip as there is no ironing board in the rooms either.

There are no gowns for guests either, which is a basic expectation in 5 Star venues.

There is also no smoking area at all.

In all I'm disappointed in my visit and I've frequented this hotel many times. There are numerous hotels in the area that offer better service without the drama.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank roelfd2015
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

First of all, answer your guest questions and just predent they are welcomed , really just a smile!
Second of all, dunno who desinged the room interior , but really small rooms and not practical at all for biz trvs .
I had to modify my booking and change the hotel, cause , simple when I raised my concern about uncomfortable room "3k+ avrg per night", the front desk actually did nothing and just replied in a none friendly way!
I know , sometimes no vacant room , Ill understand if they just smiled and predented am a welcomed guest.
The only advantage ,it was near by the refinary.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
CrystalTowers, General Manager at Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear AAboDabash,
It was very disappointing to read your review. I am sorry to see that you did not find our team to be friendly and efficient. The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide.

Our rooms are often complimented for the open plan design and it is unfortunate that you did not enjoy the superior room you reserved. I have already share you concern regarding our Frond Office with the relevant department head in order for us to do the necessary training to ensure the problem is resolved.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers for your most recent visit to Cape Town!