“Don’t expect to be served what you ordered”
Review of The Turnpike Inn

The Turnpike Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Rishworth
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: As of Saturday 22nd September 2018, The Turnpike Inn at Rishworth Moor is under new management. Our Restaurant will be serving, good, honest, locally sourced, seasonal, food. Our bar has an excellent selection of wines and beers and we offer a warm welcome. We are located on Rishworth Moor with fabulous views of Boothwood reservoir and the surrounding countryside. Open daily from 11am.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Dinner on Thursday evening, first in the restaurant, ordered then the wait began, Starters were eventually placed in front of us, food was edible however the service was poor, no check by the servers to see if the food was acceptable. 50+ minutes after ordering the mains were delivered to the table, the Medium Fillet steak I ordered appeared over done, whilst the same server I ordered with was stood by my side I cut into the meat to see it was over cooked, the server walked away, After several minutes and trying to eat some of the meat, I managed to call the server back across, I said I’d ordered a medium steak and the one served was cremated, I then asked for the chef to come to explain the reason why, I didn’t eat any more of the meal, Several minutes passed and the server returned with a half apology from the kitchen about my meal, he offered another meal, I said we’d have the bill. On receipt of the bill all the food was charged for, I challenged the bill and very reluctantly the inedible steak was taken from the bill. Not a establishment I will ever use again

4  Thank Joe_Brenda

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Pulled off the motorway on our way back from Manchester and stumbled upon The Turnpike .. the location looked perfect for our spur of the moment Sunday Lunch.
It took quite a while for us to receive our menu and with 2 young children they were becoming inpatient so my Husband went to get them.
Menu sounded amazing I paid the extra £2.50 for the 8 hour slow cooked Lamb shank.
Food was out very quickly good variety for the children (would have rather them be served on a plate rather than a bowl as being only young they kept tipping it up)
When my lamb shank arrived I immediately realised it had not come with the creamy mashed potatoes as it advertised in the menu but with 2 boiled baby potatoes.. as I was far to hungry to complain and wait for my food to come out again I got on with it. Roast potatoes were dry like been left in a heater too long.
Over all location was beautiful and the sunny day made it even better but the food was definitely not something to shout home about which was disappointing for the price paid.
Next time I will only be going for a glass of wine or beer not food.

1  Thank Amy F
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Had to ask to be seated for food, then there was a delay in being asked to for our order so I had to go up and order as we were in a rush. We were greeted by what I assume was the manager who gave me a sneer and said we’ll take your order at the table. I advised we’re in a real rush so I’d like to order at the bar if that’s okay? She signed and took my order.

Order placed and then took about 20 minutes to arrive after advising we were in a rush.

Food was good quality but won’t be returning.

1  Thank b1enji
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Lunch on Monday - with views across Boothhall Reservoir.

Friendly staff good food reasonably priced, pleasant suroundings

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Just had lunch at what used to be a decent carvery .. no longer ! Minimal menu which normally would relate to decent restaurant quality food . The waitresses were good but the food was awful .. I did complain about the chips that were over cooked and greasy in fact they looked disgusting and were inedible . The manager / owner appeared and was extreamly aggressive , intimidating and defensive giving a cock and ball excuse about type of potato’s and tripled fried .. when he should have said I know , I’m sorry Sir I’ll have words with the chef . He did knock 2.50 off the bill but in reality I was not bothered about this rather pathetic gesture being more interested in food quality . I won’t ever eat there again and would suggest you find somewhere else .

2  Thank ernst1955