Lowest prices for your stay
US$111
Free cancellation until 21/10/30
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$111
Reviews (1 390)
1 390 results
1 232
1 232
All reviews train memorabilia railroad theme watch trains train lovers love trains truman state university crown molding themed hotel lookout point great place to stay train station meeting room continental breakfast indoor pool waffles clean rooms home away from home
Selected filters
17 - 22 of 1 390 reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2021

We stayed here for our anniversary. The staff all were so friendly and very attentive to anything we needed. They went beyond the call of duty in their courtesy and help. They even gave us a bottle of wine in our room as a surprise! The Victorian Suite was a wonderful room. The bed was one of the best we have ever slept in! The in-room Jacuzzi was lovely. We could not have imagined a more perfect place to celebrate. We would recommend this to anyone seeking a place to get away or as a wedding/reunion location! The restaurant next-door also was very good! We definitely plan to come back!

Date of stay: September 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ceema D, Owner at Depot Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2021

First and foremost - Happy Anniversary to you !! We are honored to receive such praise from you as we loved hosting you for your special occasion. Your notes about our anticipatory service, our welcoming staff, and our amenities and offerings are much appreciated. We can't wait to see you again, and we thank you for being our valued guests!

Reviewed 7 September 2021

I want to start out by stating, I have never left a review, good or bad for a place we've stayed. I was very compelled to share this one.
We reserved this location to break up a long drive coming back from Southern Iowa. We have never been up this way so I googled locations that would allow our 12 lb. dog to stay with us and this is what came up. We arrived somewhat late, near dark and after dinner.
The Inn is in a small town that didn't appear to offer much, just off the highway. There was a Mexican restaurant next door and a Casey's. Not much else that we saw. Again, we didn't need much (and didn't expect much) - just a place to rest before another long drive. I'm sorry we didn't have more time to take this gem in. What a great surprise!
When we checked in, we got a key to the room - an actual KEY! As silly as that may sound, I embraced that cute little key with everything in me. I wish we had more time to experience the train observation deck and ride bikes. I would have enjoyed a day taking in all of the memorabilia and enjoying wine from the vineyards out back. I couldn't stop saying "I love this place" enough. (I even FaceTimed my mom back home to share it with her).
We stayed in a standard queen room facing the highway. I was surprised there was very little road noise in our room as close as it was to the highway. Every once in awhile I could hear a train crossing in the distance. It's cozy and comfortable feel fit right in with what we needed. I felt like I was at home. The tall ceilings, the extremely friendly staff, the attention to detail, the comfort and the CLEANLINESS were altogether more than I dreamed of (not to mention difficult to find in places anymore!!). We've stayed at places that allow dogs many times before and are always underwhelmed. It's beyond refreshing to find a place so clean that didn't smell like 100 other dogs passed through, walked over stains and stayed up all night listening to our "friends" barking. Our little girl was very happy here.
Did I mention how clean this place was?
I definitely recommend the Depot Inn and if we ever get back this way, it will be imperative that we stay here (hopefully with more time to stay). I may have to drive up JUST for that purpose.

Depot owners.... can you move your location closer to SW MO? (giggle). Thank you for a memorable stay.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank F4915PJdawnj
Ceema D, Owner at Depot Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

We are honored to be held in your high graces - thank you so much for writing this 5-star recommendation! Our team works very hard to provide a friendly and approachable level of luxury service to each and every guest; we appreciate you recognizing this and are happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your time at Depot Inn & Suites. With the hotel being decorated with train memorabilia it is a great place for anyone, especially train lovers, to come and enjoy! We are glad you were able to take advantage of museum aspect of the hotel. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 5 September 2021

We stayed here for two nights to watch the trains nearby. First off, the hotel is beautifully decorated with train memorabilia in the lobby and down the halls. We had the Pullman Suite, it is large and very clean. It has a king size sleigh bed that is extremely comfortable. There are large fluffy towels. There is a microwave & fridge which is very convenient for travelers. The staff was very nice & friendly. The room has two tvs, one is on cable the other is a smart tv that allows you to watch the local train cameras, which is really cool. They have a golf cart that you can borrow to go to Lookout Point Park and watch the trains. I highly recommend this hotel and I know that we will return.

Room tip: I loved staying in the suite. It's large, comfortable and quiet.
Date of stay: August 2021
Ceema D, Owner at Depot Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2021

Thank you very much for sharing the details of your stay in the form of this kind 5-star review! We strive to create an outstanding experience for all of our guests. I am glad to know that the clean and comfort of our rooms, relaxing atmosphere and our rich railroad history displayed throughout the property, complimentary amenities, all helped make a excellent experience for you.
I speak for the whole Depot Inn team in showing our appreciation to you - thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2021

This is a GREAT place to stay. They are very accommodating to those of us pet owners. The room was clean, very comfortable and noise proof. Would highly recommend this hotel. I have to go to Kirksville at least every other month and will be staying at this location from now on. Loved the hotel theme, staff and the room. Great stay!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ceema D, Owner at Depot Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel. We have an excellent staff who strives to make every guest's visit a pleasant and memorable one. We are a definite gem for railroad enthusiasts with our memorabilia, museum and train viewing platform. But we also strive to provide everything necessary to enhance the stay of everyone who visits us. We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay. Have a great day and thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 28 August 2021

We had a GREAT stay at Depot Inn &Suites. The rooms are very clean and comfortable we stayed for a week and the Owners and staff are very friendly and welcoming they make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need to make your stay wonderful. The Inn has a railroad museum with great things and info to look at and bikes and golf carts for guests to use to go watch trains at the viewing platform. The pool is clean and my son loved swimming every day. Great Great Great place to stay!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ceema D, Owner at Depot Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2021

We are absolutely humbled to note your kind words and compliments with regards to your experience at our hotel, it means the world to us. We appreciate hearing from our guests and are proud to hear when our staff succeeds in providing excellent service to our guests. With the hotel being decorated with train memorabilia it is a great place for anyone, especially train lovers, to come and enjoy! Also, the cleanliness of the hotel is one of our top priorities and we are so glad you noticed and appreciated it. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again.