“Great steak house”

Cleaver & Cork
Ranked #231 of 1 558 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 June 2018

A small menu -- all the items we had were top notch. A nice cozy place. The steaks were done correctly and I would recommend this place to steak connoisseurs.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Made a reservation at Cleaver and Cork before a KC Live show in the KC Power and Light District. The restaurant is very stylish, but has a welcoming feel to it. I made a reservation on Open Table and we were promptly seated. Our waiter was attentive and offered recommendations for dinner. We started out with the cheese curds and pickles, they were quite good. I've never had cheese curds with pickles in them and the batter was very light. For dinner my husband had the KC Strip, which he raved about. I had the green tomato sandwich, if we go back not sure I'll get it again, the pepper jelly was a bit much. Overall we had a nice meal.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

I have had dinner in this place and the overall experience was positive. Service and food were good.
The location is nice and in the night music with entertainment starts in the close by "KC Live" arena.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

The drinks were disappointing. A moscow mule should be served in the proper glass and should have a decent amount of alcohol. Made with lemon? Aren't they supposed to be made with lime? Anyways, drinks, no. Food? We had appetizers and in my opinion they were really good! Would have preferred some fancy crackers over the crusty bread for the meat and cheese platter. The spring rolls were really good. Would order them again.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

My husband and I came here for dinner because it was close to our hotel and it had good reviews on here. We just didn't end up liking it at all. I ordered the sausage soup as a starter but it never came out. I also ordered the Green Tomato BLT which was just bland as can be. I acknowledge that this may have been my fault as I had asked for the pepper jelly be put on the side because I hate peppers. Maybe it would've tasted better with that on if you like the taste of peppers but I would guess that it would've still been somewhat dry as the bread was more like Texas Toast in thickness and the breading on the green tomatoes had no flavor. I wanted to add salt but there's none on the tables. The fries were very good though.

My husband had the BBQ Pork Shoulder and while it was cooked well and wasn't dry, it just didn't have much flavor. The cabbage was pretty good but could've used some salt. The cornbread was a little different tasting from the cornbread we are used to but it was okay. There just wasn't anything special about it at all.

Service was okay. Our waiter was very friendly but he would vanish for long stretches of time. I believe he was helping out another table that had a large party but there were two managers just wandering around. It seemed like it would've been better to have them help out the table with the party and leave the waiters to manage their own tables. Our waiter didn't even remember my soup until I mentioned it to him because he was busy with someone else's table. I ended up just getting the soup to go. Overall, with the price asked for at this restaurant, I wasn't impressed or happy with the end result. My husband and I just wanted to leave at the end.