“Good que”

Ranked #2 of 1 519 Restaurants in Kansas City
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Food and service were excellent. Only thing preventing the 5th Star was that the a/c was out and it was 100 degrees outside. So we were cooking low and slow like the bbq! Tried the ribs (excellent), the pulled pork (excellent as well), and the brisket (very good for KC, but I’m more partial to TX brisket). Sides were very good and recommend the pork belly appetizer.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 530)

215 - 219 of 2 531 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love Q39. Don’t even get me started on the Mac and cheese. BBQ around KC isn’t too hard to find but after making a couple stops...if a friend were to ask me for a recommendation ...I’d probably mention Q before any other location.

There is not a single bad dish on the menu!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

In a town that boasts some of the best bbq joints in the country, Q39 has their work cut out for them. Upon a friends suggestion, we gave this relatively newcomer to KC bbq a try. They definitely do not have the vibe or atmosphere of LC's or Bryants. Not even Gates for that matter. Lots of micro brew beer, as if drinking enough of that would make the food taste better. The burnt ends were pretty disappointing. Not enough burn to classify as such. However the dry brisket was pretty good. The sauces are okay, but again check out the local competition. Tough comparison folks. Back in High School days, Sneads was my favorite bbq joint of them all locally. You could sit eating delicious smoked beef and watch the cows walk by the windows outside. Where can you get that anymore?

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had originally planned to go to Jack Stack, but my son had been there so he asked an Uber driver who recommend Q39. We went around 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday night, so there was about a half our wait. We sat at a table outside. It is very casual, but the food was quite excellent. I got the BBQ chicken and brisket, with a side of cole slaw. My son got BBQ pork and brisket, and my husband got ribs which he said were the best he's ever had. All had alcoholic drinks, and the drinks were good. The total for the meal was approximately $130 with tip.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This is truly the best BBQ I’ve ever had. The burnt ends exceed all expectations. If you’ve never had burnt ends, imagine the most flavorful, tender piece of BBQ pork and you’ll have it. The sausage and pulled pork are also great. Almost all their entrees are under $20.00. We were there on a Monday night and it was packed. Thus Friday and Saturday nights are undoubtedly zoo-like. Parking is limited; we were glad we took an Uber. There is outside seating which is desirable in the summer. Taken as a whole, this is the one restaurant to eat at in Kansas City, Missouri.

1  Thank tomsaint11