“Horrible lunch ”
Review of PISCO & OLE

PISCO & OLE
Ranked #48 of 65 Restaurants in Paracas
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped in at Pisco & Ole on the recommendation of Lonely Planet, which has been a long time standard in our travels for accommodations and restaurants.
I ordered the basic burger and fries. The burger looked like mystery meat, thin and dry. Peru known for it potatoes I was expecting some decent fries. Instead they tasted and looked like the kind that come from a frozen package.
My wife ordered the chicken baguette sandwich. What came from the kitchen, was 4 pieces of dry cut up baguette, 2 pieces of chicken with a little salad.
During our meal the waitress tried to be helpful so I will give her credit there. However near the ending of our meal she stood 2-3 ft. behind my wife directly in my line of view, popping zitz on her breast. Gross!!

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Nice place to get breakfast lunch or diner. The ceviche is very good. But they also have great coffee. Andrea is very friendly and likes to speak english...

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

the best pisco in town! nice vibe, good music!!!! ask andrea for a nice pisco sour and you won’t regret it.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We came in because they seemed to have a good deal for a lunch special but ultimately cheaper was not the better option. The cafe space is tidy and set up with fresh styling. The staff were quite helpful as well. However, the food was awful. The soup we started with was fine but nothing particularly Peruvian or tasty. Just bad noodles and a simple broth. The entrees were were the real disappointment set in. Contrary to our other South American dining experiences, the portions were tiny. We had ordered one plate with chicken and one with fish. While the chicken was small, at least it looked well prepared. The fish was the saddest, greyest, piece of food I have ever seen. It looked like someone had found some rubbish and fried it up and dropped it on my plate. Now, presentation helps but it doesn't always matter if the food tastes good. Upon trying the meals, both were greasy and salty without much other going on in the flavor profile. The saving grace was the aji. As the meal went on we also began to notice a large number of flies around us. I do not recommend this spot for lunch but maybe for a drink or snack. Besides the food, it was a fine but unexceptional experience.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Slow service, indifferent cocktails and undercooked food. Staff were friendly though and the view over the harbour is nice.

Date of visit: April 2017