“WONDERFUL little village, beach house and trip!”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
trixiebee
Around the World in 180 days
“WONDERFUL little village, beach house and trip!”
Reviewed 13 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We fell in love with Mazatlan last year, and a friend told us about Troncones. Never will we go to the Cancun area again!
I contacted Roger about this place, and ended up booking an open week rather last minute. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit nervous booking the place because there were limited reviews and not much at all on Google. I sent him payment in full on faith, and had a lovely chat on the phone with him after, and felt excited for our trip! (Spoiler alert - we had a GREAT time!)

We had 3 little kids in tow, and will happily chat if you want about details to that, just email me at david _ and _ tracie at y ahoo. (take out spaces of course) The trip from ZIH to Troncones was simple, stopped at the big supermarket in Z on the way, and arrived to a beautiful beach casa waiting for us. We used Luis for transportation (popular guy around there, and very fair prices, nice drivers, etc. LUIS HUMBERTO DE LA MAZA BLANCO
TOUR GUIDE SERVICE & TRANSPORTATION) A word of caution about LEAVING Troncones... the local taxis will pretty much insist you use one of them to leave. They want the business, of course, which is fair, but we ran into issues with that because a) I had arranged Luis to come and b) I needed two carseats for 3 little kids. Local cars were small and no car seats. And no seatbelts for that matter, lol. We finally just crammed into one car and made the best of a short drive all snuggled up, but that was a little hiccup in our trip. $35 USD return to the airport, for 5ppl.

Paulino is the local pool/yard guy at the house, there in the AM's to make you coffee, and tend to the yard. He's very pleasant and sweet, will chat your ear off or leave you alone, whatever you want. Limited English but we still had conversations. Alfredo was our guy for most taxis, nice guy. Better English, but everyone as a whole is a bit limited to "tourist English" which honestly, I like. If I wanted a bunch of loud Americans, I would head back to Cancun, lol. Troncones is authentic! Bring pesos, we didn't see a cash machine (yet) and very few places take credit cards. It seemed prices were a tad higher than I remember Maz being, but still ate out like kings, with drinks for all 5 for $30-40.

We spent most of our time in the pool (bigger than the photos, about 2-4 ft deep) and the right temp all the time. My only complaint is it's TRICKY to get OUT of the pool if you're older, bad knees, anything but 8 yrs old and agile, lol. There's no steps to get out. (I would love to see even a simple block or two installed on one end, maybe paint the bottom of the pool while you're at it? ;-) ) GREAT little beachy area and surf out front, and a clear beach area with no rocks just a few feet south. Minimal traffic going by b/c it looks like the rocks are the end of the beach, which was awesome. We literally felt like it was our own island. Big iguanas, geckos all around the smaller casita at night (turn on the lights to gather the moths, our kids LOVED watching them) and zany pelicans dive bombing sardines all day. The occasional "cabiero" on horseback would pop his head up in the morning, but we never did make time for a ride. 2-3 small resorts (SMALL!) were 5 min walk south on the beach, Eden being biggest, I guess. Walk north on the beach for a good 10 mins and there's a little town with great places to eat right on the beach. (just head left at the T, and hit Martha's or the other one down the dirt alley road. Rustic, but SOOOO GOOD. Bring bug spray for the evenings, those pesky "no see ums" bite ankles sometimes. My son who's sensitive to bites had a LOT more on his face. Dad had none, go figure. lol. But Zika is in that state, so I would wear spray just in case) We took a taxi into "town" once a day or so, grabbed dinner on the beach at 7 Mares, or whatever. The "grocery stores" are smaller than 7-11's, but have a surprisingly decent variety. But still skimpy. There is cold beer and even a liquor store, although we stalked up on the way to Troncones.
Paulino's wife comes e/o day to clean, very sweet lady. Alejandro is the caretaker, he stopped by to greet us the 1st day, very nice local oceanographer. LOADED kitchen, you'll want for nothing. Fish, fruit and veggie trucks come into main part of town all the time, so cheap and fresh!
There were a few older Americans around, not a lot of kids, and overall it was VERY quiet when we were there. Often the restaurants were empty. We felt very safe. No problems, and never worried for our safety, and I worry about everything. We were walking the beach and stumbled on a clutch of turtles hatching, it was magical to stumble on something so rare; the local conservation groups must have missed this one, plus it was a month+ late hatching!

Great place for families to stay, what I declare an AWESOME casa for a mom's weekend away or something. It was worth the splurge to have your own little piece of paradise! We hope to return, before the rest of the world finds out about this quiet little place!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
MCPORDave
Vancouver, Washington
“What a great place!”
Reviewed 2 October 2016 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

What a great place to stay for two couples.....one of the best places we have stayed. The fact that the bedrooms are air conditioned was a great benefit although the walk way could be better lighted.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Privacy
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing