“Afternoon Tea, excellent.”

Dobbies Garden Centres
Ranked #80 of 130 Restaurants in Lisburn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dobbies garden centre is perfect for a family day out, with everything you need to enjoy your home and garden from flowers and plants to tools, furniture and homeware.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A birthday present voucher saw us in Dobbies for afternoon tea. An assortment of sandwiches, creamed scones, cakes and cheesecake were served with tea. All was freshly made and sandwiches were well filled.
Anya, who served us, looked after us well and got us topped up with more tea. A really enjoyable time for my wife and I.
Note: we had afternoon tea recently in a hotel in Windsor, Berkshire ... this was far superior and half the cost!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I visit Dobbies restaurant reasonably regularly as it is convenient but I never fail to be unimpressed by the quality and high price of food, slowness of service and disappointing lack of cleanliness of tables. Today I had potato and leek soup which was ok but it was served with one slice of rock-hard bread!! Having sat down to begin my lunch outside, I had to return to exchange the piece of bread for yet another stale piece which was as hard as a brick!! Fortunately the girl cut me a new fresh piece from a baguette which was lovely and soft. This situation should be checked regularly as it is unacceptable to serve stale bread. I also had to wait on napkins being replenished and, very often, cutlery is absent and you have to ask for it. It is as if no one is coordinating things or keeping an eye on staff or what is happening. It could be a great café but it is mediocre at best. However, some of the staff are very friendly and I did have an afternoon tea once which was an altogether much better experience. I always come away wishing I hadn't bothered going but I keep hoping they will get their act together one of these days! Dobbies management - please sort this out or you will be losing many of your customers.

1  Thank E9523SXalisons
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Disappointing visit to Dobbies restaurant. All trays dirty with what looked like tea stains or ground in dirt on them. Glasses had lip stick stains still on them. Baked potato nice but basic cleanliness poor when spending hard earned money.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for ice cream cone for daughter and latte for myself early afternoon. After 15 minute wait finally got to pay. And no it wasn't busy.
Service was only one step above couldn't care less.
And on finding a seat, a look around makes me wonder if customers are meant to clear the tables or staff, as none seemed to have cleared.
Get dragged back in here on occasions as convenient, but next time stay at home or go to Ashvale Farm or Taylor's Ice cream if you can wait a few more minutes in the car.

Would have given 0 rating if possible.

1  Thank Keith T
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Just back from afternoon tea with a friend.
Sandwiches were all freshly made, scones were lovely and the victoria sponge cake was my favourite.
The girl who looked after us was lovely!
Would definitely return.