All reviews ice cream steam shower the cottages hot tub on the deck cookies couples massage heated towel rack frozen margaritas my husband and i chocolate lab pizza oven thought of everything owners and staff romantic place raspberry sauce gas grill little extras
Reviewed 13 June 2008

We stayed at the Hermann Hill Village cottages for our first anniversary. The Herman Hill Village and the Hermann Hill Inn are two separate entities, but are owned by the same people. The Inn is a typical B&B, but the cottages are like personal condominums. When you stay at the cottages you check in at the Inn and then procede to the Village site which is about 8 minutes away. The Inn is adorable and the vineyards leading to the house are just beautiful. The staff was very welcoming and informative. While there, we checked out a few movies from the in-house video library.
The cottage was just perfect! Every single detail has been touched upon from the aromatherapy fireplace, to the towel warmers, to the motion sensored floor lights. The 6ft jacuzzi tub was so inviting and relaxing and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The hot-tub was soothing and it was nice to sit outside on a cool night. I highly recommend this place for a relaxing weekend. Herman is a cute little town that's fun to explore on foot. It would be hard to spend more than a weekend in the town though, as it's really small. However, we could have stayed at the cottage for a week just relaxing and using all the amenities provided.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank larae01
Reviewed 13 June 2008

My wife and I went to Hermann Missouri for a weekend getaway at the Hermann Hill Vineyard and Inn. While we were there we stayed in one of the separate suites that they have overlooking the river across town from the inn itself. When we first arrived we quickly found out that this place was not what we hoped it would be. Our Jacuzzi tub did not work the first night and when we contacted the management about it they simply said that there was nothing that they could do about it at that time so we would have to "deal with it." One of the televisions in the unit also did not work for the entirety of our stay. On the second night we were told that our Jacuzzi tub had been checked and was in working condition but it still would not operate. All of this was still tolerable but the last straw happened when I was out on the deck using the grill to cook our dinner. I was leaning on the deck railing that overlooks the river from the top of the bluff when the railing broke nearly sending me plummeting down the bluff. I was able to catch myself and was not hurt but the sheer fact that our vacation nearly ended in death or serious injury or death was a big deal to me. Apparently the management did not agree. They would not refund us any of our money and even went so far as to call us liars. I am currently studying to go into the ministry and do not appreciate being called a liar when something like this happens. We filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the management responded to our complaint by suggesting that I somehow had the strength to push on the wall of the deck causing the railing to become weakened. We have told our friends not to visit this place and I want to share our experience with anyone else contemplating a visit there. Please make other accommodations!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank dwain61
Reviewed 28 May 2008

Hermann Hills was the best decision we've ever made! I don't think I have ever stayed somewhere I loved this much! We did a mini honeymoon in Cottage 502 at Herman Hills. It was just perfect - everything! I want to go back again and again! 2 fire places, 2 Jacuzzi (1tub in the bed room - 1 hot tub on the deck with a built in stereo), 2 flat screens... very very private and our view was better then what is pictured above!!! Pictures don't capture the experience... trust me it is everything you see and MORE! It was relaxing and very romantic!!! The stained glass was so beautiful! We loved every minute of our stay. This place is a well hidden secret that we all should be blessed enough to experience!!! Reserve your room today!!!!! before all my friends and family book them up throughout 2010 ;) !!!! Thank you Hermann Hills! We will be back we promise.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 1 April 2008

I searched and searched for a nearby getaway for our one year anniversary. I am so grateful Hermann Hill appeared in my search results. We chose to stay at the Cottages (501) since seclusion and relaxing were our top priorities.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Hermann Hill. From the moment we checked in at the Inn and were greeted by the friendly dogs, Fred and Gracie, to the moment we checked out of our fabulous cottage, it was three of the best days I can ever remember.

The owners have left no detail untouched in these magnificent cottages. It's a huge space and comes fully equipped with everything and more that one needs during vacation. The refrigerator even comes stocked with soft drinks, fruit, juice, water and pre-made breakfast that just has to be re-heated.

The best part is the water activities offered at Hermann Hill.... the steam shower, the VERY large jacuzzi tub indoors and the awesome top of the line jacuzzi outside that overlooks the Missouri River. Doesn't really matter if it's cold or raining, day or night, it is welcoming and relaxing all of the time!

We didn't mind that it rained during our entire visit....it just gave us an excuse to stay in our cottage. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soon2BMrsC
Reviewed 24 March 2008

My husband and I stayed at Herman Hill Inn on Friday, March 21 and Saturday, March 22. We really enjoyed our stay and thought the owners were friendly and helpful. The rooms are traditional with a lot of large oak furniture pieces and antiques, but it was also much more luxurious that your average B&B. We chose to stay at the actual Inn over the cottages b/c we were told by some friends who had stayed there that we couldn't pass up the breakfast brought to our room or the warm cookies and ice cream left outside our door each evening. It was really nice being pampered. We stayed in Virginia Seedling, a room on the 4th floor. Our view was incredible, but we've heard that the 1st floor rooms are more spacious and modern. Feel free to contact me with any questions about the Inn.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple