“Amazing Sliders / Burgers!!!”

J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Des Peres
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Manchester and 270
Description: J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Bleu potato chips. The cozy atmosphere includes rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy a quiet table or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open daily for dinner & lunch. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

After a work meeting some of us went to J. Gilbert's for dinner. Several of us ordered the Happy Hour sliders, sampling both the "regular" sliders and the au poivre sliders.

We were all impressed, and a couple of us even ordered extras / more sliders.

The waitress shared that they are made with Wagyu beef. Whatever it is it is AMAZING. These were some of the best beef burgers / sliders I have ever had. The fries and beer were a nice compliment, and a dinner with just the sliders from J. Gilbert's could suit me just fine.

I have also dined at J. Gilbert's for a couple work lunches and was most impressed then, too... awesome entrees, lobster bisque, and some amazing butter for that bread.

I highly recommend J. Gilbert's!

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Beautiful ambiance, dim lighting, fireplace ablaze, glass wine cellar & personable service. Nikki was a real gem to have as a server during my birthday dining experience. I also appreciated J Gilbert's card of acknowledgment and complimentary birthday dessert option.

I started with the Lump Crab Cakes. These were 2 large cakes served with a rémoulade and another house dipping sauce. The crab was superb and not overpowered by the breadcrumbs that can sometimes dominate crab cakes. They were so filling I split the cakes with my dining partner and was still satisfied. Next, I ordered a small dish of George Bank Scallops with grilled asparagus. The scallops were super fresh, delicate to the touch & succulent. I paired my meal with Prosecco for a crisp buttery sweet finish.

2  Thank xty314
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

J. Gilbert's does a great job with dinner. We had been there a number of times; it was our friends' first visit.

We had a reservation for a Thursday night (always a good idea) and were promptly seated. The service was excellent and the food was well prepared. JG has the ambiance of a steak house. There's also ample seating in the bar area if that's your preference. Our experience suggests that the bartenders are well trained.

JG is located on the edge of a shopping mall and is a better restaurant than expected. Parking is often an issue, but parking on the upper level, which is serviced by an outdoor escalator, is relatively convenient. There's also valet parking.

1  Thank NXTTRP
Reviewed 29 September 2016

My husband and I went here last night for a last minute date night. We just walked in (it was a Wednesday) and were promptly seated. I ordered the scallops and my husband had steak. It was delicious! We had great service from Joey! :)

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Expectations vs Reality.
Ok, I don't want this to sound like a bad review, because we really had a nice meal, served by a great and friendly staff. But, I've been hearing all kinds of great things about J. Gilberts, from many people, that I came into to place with the highest expectations. And while my food was good and prepared perfectily, I was just a bit let down, I could have went anywhere in this class of restaurants and had pretty much the same meal at the same price. But again, it was still very good and if someone asked me about them, I would recommend them to try for themselves. We each ordered 6oz filet plus two sides, and it was plenty of food for us. Didn't get dessert, but I had a California Cab with my dinner. I wouldn't be opposed to going back, now that I know what to expect.