“Comfort Food”

Bandana's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #53 of 423 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 1 June 2018

We were not expecting a great experience but since we enjoy BBQ we decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised and it is a great choice if you are in the mood for BBQ. The pork in my sandwich was juicy and I did not need to add sauce. The waitress was attentive and the restaurant was clean with tables spaced nicely for easy movement. The decor was simple. I have eaten BBQ in many states and I have favorites and this restaurant’s BBQ rates well. Additionally, the cost was reasonable.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The food is usually good here. The atmosphere, meh. Need more booths and less little tables. Not always consistent on service. We have eaten here a few times.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I wasn't real hungry and was so surprised to see a "budget busters" on the menu...just right size for the smaller appetite. The staff was friendly and helpful since this was my first visit. I will return and look for Bandana's in other states as I travel. Love that they have all the different BBQ sauces on the table!!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Bandana's has become our favorite lunch spot and take out dinner spot. Their service is always good and the food is great! By far the best place to eat in the area! Even when we stopped in for a beer and appetizer for our anniversary they bought us each a drink.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

It was alright!

My co-worker wanted BBQ when we were in the KC area. Bandana's happened to be across the street from our hotel, so we stopped.

I have to say, the service was fantastic! Our waitress was friendly and attentive.

The menu is large.. They have plenty of chicken, pork and beef options.

I wasn't overly hungry so I ended up on the budget pulled pork meal. It's a small amount of meat (4 oz) served with garlic bread and two sides. They have plenty of sauces on the table. The pork was nicely small smoked, but very greasy.

I ended up getting the green beans and the fried okra. The beans were canned, but the seasoning was nice. The okra wasn't overly greasy.

My co- worker had the rib and chicken platter. She said the ribs were dry, but the chicken was delicious.

In addition to plenty of entrees they offered appetizers, salads and desserts. They also offered a full bar!

Overall, I would say it was ok. The options in Columbia are somewhat limited, but it's worth a stop.