“Very Good - But More Expensive than Expected”
Review of 801 Fish

801 Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
801 Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 85 Restaurants in Clayton
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We dined here with friends and were pleased with our meal, but felt that everything was just a little more expensive than it needed to be. My husband started with a bowl of the lobster bisque which he said was excellent. He followed it with the branzino which he said was very fresh, tasty, and light. I had the halibut, which I order whenever I see it on a menu, and know that $45 is on the high side for this entree. That said, it was very good and the portion was large. The restaurant does offer a prix fixe menu for $39, but the items on the menu were not tempting. We each had a glass of wine with our meal and the cost per person with tax and tip came to about $80 each.

1  Thank MomRocco

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Visiting friends and decided to do dinner. Ordered the crab and cream cheese dip, oysters from raw bar, clam chowder, and scallops on risotto. The dip was good, oysters were good, can't really go wrong if you like raw oysters. The chowder had bits of beef, never had that before in New England chowder. Personally, it was not the best tasting chowder. The scallops were very good but the risotto was way overcooked for me, very mushy and not very flavorful. My friends had the salmon and they did enjoy it very much. The service was very good and professional and that was the best part of my visit. I will probably not visit again. I didn't feel the food was worth the price. Didn't taste the value. But the atmosphere was very nice!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

fabulous menu of fresh fish. Lots of specials and great choices. Staff is terrific and provides white glove service

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

801 Fish is one of my favorites for happy hour, seafood, and superb service. Fresh seafood is not always easy to come by in the Midwest. I would come if only for the Caesar salad with the poached egg! It is fantastic!! Oysters Rockefeller is another well presented and assembled appetizer. Have never been disappointed here! Always great service too! Duke is my favorite server and advises well on pairings and portions. All around - a top favorite in stl!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Several business dinners there. Always, fair, not good or great. Too loud. Service is usually good, but, not great--even in the back room which we have reserved in the past. Wine list is "silly" with the pricing. Can only good there on expense account...

Date of visit: May 2017