“Good food and entertainment”

Mel's Hard Luck Diner
Ranked #31 of 411 Restaurants in Branson
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Takeout
Description: Home of Branson's original singing servers. A 50s themed diner offering music from the decades of the 50s and 60s and on up to today. A variety of singing styles, pop, rock, showtunes, opera, gospel, country, etc. Food offerings include burgers, sandwiches, great salads, blue plate specials and save room for some of the best and biggest desserts to be found.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch and the food was above average. It is nice to have the servers singing as entertainment.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 562)

250 - 254 of 3 562 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The restaurant was close to our hotel and a short drive away. Ordered the chicken fried steak, hamburgers, and shrimp dishes. Food was average, nothing spectacular. Enjoyed the singing waiters/waitresses. They had some really good voices.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Food was great, singing waiters and waitresses made it friendly environment, nice gift shop, would recommend to others.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This had a good rating online. We also had a coupon for 15% off. Now I understand why. The food was not good. I ordered chicken strips. They were dry and had a weird chewy coating. I only ate 1/2 of one of the 3 strips. My daughters ordered burgers. They were not impressed. My husband liked his hot beef meal. Ordered shakes and they were pretty good.

The wait staff sang songs while we ate. Maybe one song every 10-15 minutes.

1  Thank CarissasAccount
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Fun, 50's diner atmosphere with singing servers! The food was what you would expect - burgers, hot dogs - but it wasn't greasy and had good flavor. The line out the door might scare you away, but don't let it. It moves very quickly. We were inside within about ten minutes.

Been to Mel's Hard Luck Diner? Share your experiences!