All reviews tower rooms lifeguard staff bunk beds for the kids typical hotel small room gift shop
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We took our 3 year old, we live about an hour away and just needed a little fun, this park is fantastic for toddlers! He loved that he had his own bunk room! Room and common areas were clean and accommodating. Water park was fairly clean. We will be back!

Stayed: June 2018
CastleRockManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

We are happy to hear you enjoyed a getaway to Castle Rock with your family! The bunk room is usually a hit with the young ones. Thanks so much for your review, and we look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Jen, Guest Relations

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t know what all the fuss is about. I didn’t see anything wrong with my stay. Its clean, the bed was comfortable & had a good shower, what more can you ask for. Well other than a cartoon channel on the tv! My 4 year old had a great time in the water park. At the water park people seemed to be just common people enjoining the day.
I wouldn’t recommend eating supper here. The cook really seemed like a dipwad (nice way to put it) he acted totally stupid and unprofessional. He just said random stuff to the lady, I’m assuming was the manager who thought it was all funny. Some of the stuff he said was just totally out of line, and in a place full of kids he probably should watch his mouth or get a job elsewhere. We will order pizza next time.
The little gift shop area was nice to have, and very reasonable on price. We bought a few things we forgot, they have the best selection for a motel I’ve ever seen.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank amylD6254OQ

Hi Amy,

Thanks very much for the 4-star review. I am happy to hear that you and your 4-year-old enjoyed the waterpark, though I do apologize that a cartoon channel wasn't available!

Regarding your experience at the restaurant, I am truly sorry for any disappointment. Our team understands the importance of professional, high-quality service, and we will take your feedback into consideration as we strive to improve our operations.

Thanks again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Jen, Guest Relations

Reviewed 2 June 2018

I booked this hotel for a reasonably priced getaway. We travel to Branson a lot and had never stayed here.
I felt the room was reasonably clean, but there were only two towels for a double queen with four persons. There were zero towels left on the second day after housekeeping had been there. They did bring four towels when we called and asked for them.
The waterpark is becoming dated. They need to spend some $$ on infrastructure maintenance.
Don't expect any amenities if you stay here, it will just be a basic room at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hi Michael,

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are consistently working on innovations and improvements to our waterpark, and we hope you will visit us again when you are in Branson.

Jen, Guest Services

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Where do I start?

Check in...
Check in is at 4:00. We got there at 4:45 and were told that our room wasn't ready. They offered a room that didn't have what we had reserved at the same rate or we could wait 45 min for the cleaning staff to get the room we were paying for to get clean. I wanted what we had reserved. Suddenly, they found a room that had what we had reserved. So, we loaded our luggage into a luggage trolly, parked our car and headed up to our room. When we walked into the room, I was kinda confused that it smelled like sunscreen and sweat. Then I saw a hairbrush on the counter. As we walked further inside the room, I saw suitcases laid out and opened on both beds. THEY HAD GIVEN US A ROOM THAT WAS ALREADY TAKEN! If I wasn't an honest person, I could have robbed these people. So, I went downstairs to tell them that the room they gave us was ALREADY TAKEN. I've stayed in 100's of hotels around the world and never had that happen before. So, they gave me a new key and assured me that it wasn't already taken. After that, I did not feel safe staying there because what's to say they weren't going to do the same thing to me and give someone else a key to my room? I asked the man at the front desk that very question. His only response was, "I can't do anything to make you feel safer." Thankfully, the second room we went to was empty.

The room...
The room was ok. Nothing spectacular. The carpet felt dirty, so I quickly decided to not walk around the room without shoes. Another person I was talking to in the elevator said his room had roaches. Thankfully, I never saw any roaches in our room. Our tv's didn't work. When I called the front desk, they talked like that was a normal thing and sent a maintenance man to fix both of them. My kids refused to sleep in the bunk beds that were in our room because they were scared that a stranger would get a key and come into our room as we slept.

Waterpark...
This waterpark is in disarray. There was rust in lots of spots throughout. Both of the deeper pools, one inside and one outside, were full of filth. There were dead flies and other junk floating on the surface. It seemed like the filter wasn't working. We quickly got out of those pools. The floor of the lazy river was literally coming up. Huge air bubbles under the bottom liner.

Room key...
Our room key would only work once, then it deleted itself. We couldn't figure out the problem. They asked to make sure I wasn't getting my cellphone close to it and erasing it. It was no where near my cell phone. So, there were a lot of times that we'd get up to our room, on the 4th floor, only to have to make the trek back down to the front desk for another new key.

I will not stay in this hotel again. I mentioned the problems to the front desk in hopes of getting at least a partial refund. His response was I was welcome to talk to the manager the next day, which I was never able to find him/her the next day and didn't want to waste our fun time waiting. I've stayed at the other hotels with water parks in Branson and they blow this one out of the water. Just keep looking. This is not the headache, I mean hotel you're looking for.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Rebecca A

Hi Rebecca,

I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you experienced during your stay at Castle Rock. This is absolutely not the experience we want our guests to have, and I understand your frustration. While occasional delays can happen, your reservation should have been ready at time of check-in. Regarding the miscommunication of the room keys, I sincerely apologize if the experience made you in any way feel unsafe. Our guests’ safety is our top priority, and we will communicate your feedback so that things like this do not happen in the future. Additionally, I am sorry for the inconvenience of the key not working when you returned to your room. Please know that we are taking your comments very seriously as we work to make improvements to our facilities.

If you would like to speak to management offline about your experience, please contact us directly. We would be happy to talk with you to address any comments or concerns.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Jen, Guest Services

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

The checkin process was seamless. Heather was very helpful and allowed us an extremely early check-in. The room was simple, nothing fancy. The air conditioned was not working and our room was quite hot. There was also a used bandaid stuck to the unit. On two occasions I saw staff members inside the hotel with cigarettes in their mouths!!! We proceeded to go to the Waterpark as soon as we checked in and got settled.

Once we got to the Waterpark we determined that we likely would have to find some other activities to do. The Waterpark is underwhelming - with only two small slides and a lazy river. The rest of the “waterpark” is suited for toddlers and small children. We had a 9 year old and a 13 year old... and they both were terribly bored quickly. The lifeguards at the slides were not focused. There was rust on a lot of equipment around the park, and the lazy river floor was literally coming up of the foundation. We found that at times the rising floor hitting us as we went around it. There is also no reclining seating inside the indoor waterpark you have to be outside for that.

Before dinner we took showers with shampoo and conditioner provided and it seemed to be extremely watered down. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner! After dinner we tried the arcade- many of the games didn’t work. The grumpy front desk guy was less than pleased when we told him the machines are some of our coins. We came back up to our room and discovered it was still super hot. We called the front desk and asked for some fans and the grumpy gentleman at the desk informed us they had none and that he would send maintenance up to us. The two maintenance men that were sent upstairs told us that the AC unit should have been mounted on the ceiling since it can only blow air down on the floor. They offered to get us two fans or see if we could be moved rooms and then left. No one ever got back with us and we slept in the heat all night. Let me also state here how uncomfortable the king sized bed was. The mattress on the bed was not horrible but the frame on the bed had a very uncomfortable metal edge on the side of the bed.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Branson. It is overrated, and overpriced! After my experience with the grumpy front desk guy I am also relatively certain the hotel doesn’t want guests to stay here if they are going to ask any questions.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel K
CastleRockManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. At Castle Rock, we make every effort to create a fun and friendly vacation experience for our guests. Based on your review, you did not share that experience, and we are truly sorry to have let you down. Could you please contact us directly with additional information about your visit, including the dates of your stay and anyone you spoke with? We want to follow up with the appropriate people to help us improve services for our guests. You can reach us at gsm@castlerockbranson.com. Again, we thank you for your comments and hope to hear from you soon.