“Good music but too loud”

Branson's Famous Baldknobbers
Branson's Famous Baldknobbers Show
Ranked #47 of 174 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Branson's Famous Baldknobbers, featuring the Mabe family, is a country music and comedy variety show in Branson, Missouri performing at the new Branson Famous Theatre. The Mabe family began the Branson family entertainment phenomenon 58 years ago in 1959. Today, the family continues to wow audiences as the second and third generations add their own flare to the family legacy. Their perfect blend of country music, gospel music and comedy will keep you at the edge of your seat and roaring with laughter all night long. The family has been recognized on a national platform as well. In 2011, the Mabe brothers original costumes, instruments and artifacts were added to the permanent collection of the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History. The family has also appeared in multiple television programs, most recently starring in their own reality television series, "Branson Famous". When visiting Branson, don't miss Branson's Famous Baldknobbers at the new Branson Famous Theatre!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

First time seeing this show. The music was good and the entertainers excellent. The only problem is that the instruments were too loud and you had a hard time hearing the vocals.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 061)
All reviews
"top notch"
in 20 reviews

95 - 99 of 1 059 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Upon arrival at the theater we wanted to use the restrooms. I entered the door with the "MEN" sign & while I was washing my hands much to my surprise my wife exited a stall &upon seeing me asked "what are you doing in here?" Turns out there are 2 doors to the mens restroom & 2 to the ladies room. So confusing that other people made the same mistake.
The performance was basiclly just " lame ",their attempt at comedy was "Lame" the sound system was extremely loud & garbaled, so loud my party moved back from the stage about 15 rows, Their was plenty empty seats.
The traffic was terrible (stop & Go )
I would advise people to spend their money on a " duck " ride.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We have seen the Baldknobbers many times in the past 30 years and loved everything about it. This time they are in a different theatre and the music was different. They need to go back to the old Baldknobbers, more of the older country. The comedy was still good but the show just lacked that “Baldknobbers “ feeling. Still a good family show, we were just a little disappointed as true Baldknobbers fans!! This was the show we always put first on our list when we came to Branson.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

They were very good. The band was excellent ! I was disappointed in all the changes they have made. I loved the mix of comedy and music . The comedy parts seem to me have been cut way back .They should bill the act as the The NewBaldknobbers since many of the family members are gone, or named it the Mega Show since she and her husband seem to be controlling things now. I have been several times over the past few years but this will be my last time.