“Sunday lunch”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Ramsbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Five of us visited The Crown and Anchor for Sunday lunch and I can only describe it as superb!

The full lunch menu was on including a pork, beef or chicken carvery. I opted for the beef which consisted of three thick slices of meat then help yourself to vegetables. The lady looking after the veg couldn't be more helpful in ensuring there was something of everything you wanted.

All five loved their lunch, three so much that they had one of the delicious looking puddings. We shall not hesitate in returning to the Crown and Anchor and a big thank you to all of the helpful staff. GREAT WORK!!!

Beerbloke52, Owner at Crown and Anchor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words. We love what we do and will keep on doing it. I have passed your comments onto Jan (the veg lady (my wife)). We look forward very much to seeing you again.
Many thanks
Ray (the one in the kitchen)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Following a search online I found the Crown and Anchor, it sounded traditional, charming and welcoming. I contacted the inn to find out if they have availability and if they accept pets. I had a reply from Ray within 24hours confirming he has booked us in. Ramsbury is a pretty village. The Crown offered a good choice of traditional meals and drinks. Our room was very spacious, clean and quiet. Food was very good, tasty, heartwarming. Would definitely return and recommend to passing travellers.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on Saturday night and the food was once again fantastic. All four of us were happy and full. The well kept ales on offer make it all the better. I will definitely make the trip from Swindon again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dropped in to the Local for an evening meal. Chicken curry and a Chicken/ham pie. Very tasty and four real ales on too. Can’t manage a sweet though!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Great Sunday Lunch at the Crown and Anchor., very attentive service from Jan.

We all agreed the best Sticky toffee pud we had tried.