Reviews (2 987)
2 987 results
1 440
1 440
All reviews diamond lounge premium room burger bar great experience slot machines poker room casino host casino floor get away table games nice room hotel room gold strike fun buffet starbucks binions
214 - 219 of 2 987 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Wow - we had a suite on the 15 floor . At first glance the suite was beautiful. Great views, living room, bedroom and two baths. On inspection and lights the suite was filthly. The guest bathroom must have been used by men as it was not cleaned around the toilet - horrible - entry way marble floor had coffee or soda drops. I called housekeeping and they said they would be right there. An the meantime went to the casino. Folks were complaining they were getting bit by mosquitos inside the casino. And indeed they were. My husband had to get the deet and let people use it. The dealers said it is a huge problem at the casino, and they have been complaining for months. I had at least 5 bites - and during dinner at Binons, they were flying everywhere. We cut our stay short by on day - it was so bad - who knows what disease they are carryng

2  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I used to really like the Horseshoe, but too many things have changed and I no longer love it.
The first and worse thing they have done is remove the coffee pots from the rooms. I like to have a cup of coffee before I start my day. They give you a certificate for a small cup of coffee at the Starbucks in the lobby. I want my coffee before I dress, makeup and shower.
Once I'm downstairs I can get a cup of coffee at any table or machine. The rooms are shabby, two of the ceiling lights didn't work and I couldn't see the numbers to work the safe. Also the air conditioning wasn't working well. The employees are wonderful and especially Charlene, part of the security staff.

Room Tip: When you go on a gambling trip, you do not get to pick a room, you are assigned one.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosalie P
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Old doesn’t have to mean run down but, in this case, it does! Black mold in bathroom. Large chunks of tile and molding missing. Carpet and upholstered furniture were absolutely filthy. Lighting in room and bathroom is poor in the first place and several of the lamps did not even work. On the plus side, the room was spacious and well laid out, but that did not make up for the negatives.

1  Thank SAS707
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Rooms are nice ,hotel staff is pretty good, but this is the second time in a row that the A?C unit needed work. It is so loud, its like someone grinding coffee in a coffee grinder ALL NIGHT. So, needless to say, we did not get to sleep much.
On our first trip, we call to have it repaired, it was repaired promptly and correctly, on this return visit, 3 calls, 2 repair attempts, (first attempt the noise was gone, but the air conditioning did not WORK, second attempt, A/C worked and the noise was back with vengeance.
Nothing special, no host, no real kind works by staff here anymore. Thinking of trying a different hotel next trip.

Room Tip: pool,gym and spa are located on the 2ed floor
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karyd776
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I loved the hotels decor. There are a few things that were pet peeves to me. #1. There were so many pets. Getting off the elevator and a pet nearly attacked my husband and I. That definitely wasn’t cool. #2. I hate dust. My headboard was so dusty I wanted to call and apply for a job in housekeeping just to show them how it needs to be addressed. #3. We had a smoking room. Neither of us smoke. I thought I could handle it due to regular rooms were sold out...but I ended up checking out early due to it was just reeking of smoke. We bought scented candles in the gift shop which helped but didn’t clear the air completely. But the room was comfortable as far as bed, and the bathroom was beautiful. The hotel had an outdoor pool area and a spa all which were amazing. And we had free Starbucks coupons offered at check in and there is a breakfast cafe in the casino tucked away near the buffet that had a wonderful breakfast. The biscuits which I’m embarrassed to say were delicious.

1  Thank Jay L