“Horrible experience”

Ranked #3 of 111 Restaurants in Starkville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Great food, great service, and a great atmosphere are the three things we offer to ensure you have a GREAT dining experience. Harvey's is a contemporary restaurant with an atmosphere set by old brick, decorative woodwork, and great music. We serve everything from specialty salads and sandwiches to our signature 48 hour marinated ribeyes and famous prime rib. Go to our website for our most current menu!
Reviewed 11 September 2021 via mobile

Probably my worst dining experience ever. Called several weeks ago to reserve a table for 4. My son who is a student at MSU later asked if a couple friends could join us. I called back to adjust the reservation to 6. After speaking with a person on the phone I had feeling he hadn’t actually made the reservation. A couple days later I called back to make sure we had a reservation and sure enough, there was no reservation. At that time I made a reservation for 6. Tonight upon arrival we were informed that our reservation was only for 4 and it would be a 15 minute wait to get a table. After our wait, we were seated. Our salads were late and served after our main course was finished because someone lost our tickets. Our drinks took forever to be served and the second round had a wrong drink order. Everyone else said their food was just okay. I had the blackened redfish with fried green tomatoes. The redfish blackening season was tasteless. I couldn’t eat the fish. The fried green tomatoes were very good. It’s an average place.

Date of visit: September 2021
Shannon M, Other at Harveys, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Mr. Michael,
I'm very sorry to hear we missed the mark on your last visit with us! I would love to talk with you and see how we can give you a great experience for your next visit. At your convenience, please give me a call at (662)323-1669 and ask for Alexis.

Alexis Fields
Assistant Manager

Write a reviewReviews (298)

Reviewed 6 June 2021

My business requires a lot of travel and when I'm anywhere close to the Starkville area I have a meal at Harvey's. I've tried several different items on the menu and have never been disappointed. Their steaks and Delta chicken are amazing.

Date of visit: May 2021
Shannon M, Other at Harveys, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2021

Thank you for your kind review! We look forward to serving you a delicious, hot meal next time you are in Starkville!

Reviewed 21 May 2021

A great place to dine. the ambient light is great. Ashley, the waitress, was outstanding. She mace sure there was no long wait for our food and recommended appetizer, Broccoli bites, which I recommend.

Date of visit: May 2021
Shannon M, Other at Harveys, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2021

Thanks for the great review! Come back to see us soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2021

Absolute crap. Sat at the bar because there were no tables and ordered dinner. Fast forward through annoying bartender chatter, received an appetizer salad that took four bites to finish it was so small with three stale croutons and a weird stale piece of bread on top. Then for dinner a bowl of pasta that was hot on the outside cold on the inside and a piece of chicken that was just warm on top. Dont know what has happened but Trip Advisor determines now whether you can see Travelor Ratings instead of their sponsored BS ratings. Very upset and annoyed.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Eglzfn
Shannon M, Other at Harveys, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2021

Hello!

I'm so sorry to hear that your visit with us at the bar was not up to our normal standards. I'd like to discuss your experience with you a bit more so that we can work to make sure you have a delicious meal in a perfect atmosphere on your next visit. Please email me whenever it is convenient so that we can discuss further.

Again, I'm so sorry about your recent experience, but I assure you will work to be better on your next visit.

Duston Price
GM Harveys Starkville
stkharveysgm@gmail.com

Reviewed 5 December 2020 via mobile

Amazing ambiance & food was fabulous. Our waiter, Bartlet, was super nice and attentive. Broccoli Bites are a MUST. Really found everything to be above par. Harvey’s will see us on each visit to MSU & Starkville.

Date of visit: December 2020
Shannon M, Other at Harveys, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2020

Thank you for stopping in and dining with us. We appreciate your review and can't wait for you to visit again!