“Great Place to Stop During Road Trips.”

Shady Acres Village
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Seminary
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Our restaurant has a very casual feel with delicious southern cooking. We offer a wonderful plate lunch as well as old fashioned burgers, sandwiches and salads. Our desserts are made fresh right here in our own bakery. We also have an old timely General Store with fresh produce and lots of homemade jams and jellies, hand-dipped ice cream, a large assortment of t-shirts, cute apparel and some unique gift ideas.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Awesome store, very fun to walk arpund from. Had the burger and Froed Chicken and both were great. Great place to stop at.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful place. I have driven by many times. Always a parking lot full of cars. So this time we had time to stop. The food was amazing. Cakes delicious. We will make this a stop every time now. My new fav place.

1  Thank johnsonfamily00
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Love this place on the side of the road. Every time I have guests come through Hattiesburg I bring them here.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I've driven past numerous times but it was always after business hours. Not today! We stopped in and loved it. At first I thought my burger may not be filling enough due to it only being a 6 ounce patty but I was proven wrong. You can tell that the meat is fresh and the patties are hand formed. Their fries are great also. My girlfriend opted for a salad which was also really good. We didn't have time to check out their merchandise because we were pressed for time to get somewhere but we definitely plan to come back soon and bring family members with us. My only complaint? The restaurant is too far from our home =)

1  Thank James Q
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We just HAD to stop on our way back to Jackson from Hattiesburg on Highway 49! It looked so interesting and it WAS lunchtime... The advertising of Best BBQ helped to turn the wheel and put on the brakes in their spacious parking lot. It did not disappoint. I had the will power to not buy any one of the beautiful cakes they had for sale in the "store area" but I did come away with peaches in jars and homemade blueberry jam! The meal was my meal for the day with generous helpings of Everything... I even took a pic of the crawfish tray with corn on the cob. This is a really FUN place with outdoor picnic seating as well as air-conditioned comfort inside. A Must Stop...

1  Thank shchristy
Martha M, Owner at Shady Acres Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you. Glad you stopped in and enjoyed your visit. We sure hope you can stop in again soon.