“Finally made it ”

Shady Acres Village
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Seminary
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Our restaurant has a very casual feel with delicious southern cooking. We offer a wonderful plate lunch as well as old fashioned burgers, sandwiches and salads. Our desserts are made fresh right here in our own bakery. We also have an old timely General Store with fresh produce and lots of homemade jams and jellies, hand-dipped ice cream, a large assortment of t-shirts, cute apparel and some unique gift ideas.
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I've driven past numerous times but it was always after business hours. Not today! We stopped in and loved it. At first I thought my burger may not be filling enough due to it only being a 6 ounce patty but I was proven wrong. You can tell that the meat is fresh and the patties are hand formed. Their fries are great also. My girlfriend opted for a salad which was also really good. We didn't have time to check out their merchandise because we were pressed for time to get somewhere but we definitely plan to come back soon and bring family members with us. My only complaint? The restaurant is too far from our home =)

1  Thank James Q

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We just HAD to stop on our way back to Jackson from Hattiesburg on Highway 49! It looked so interesting and it WAS lunchtime... The advertising of Best BBQ helped to turn the wheel and put on the brakes in their spacious parking lot. It did not disappoint. I had the will power to not buy any one of the beautiful cakes they had for sale in the "store area" but I did come away with peaches in jars and homemade blueberry jam! The meal was my meal for the day with generous helpings of Everything... I even took a pic of the crawfish tray with corn on the cob. This is a really FUN place with outdoor picnic seating as well as air-conditioned comfort inside. A Must Stop...

1  Thank shchristy
Martha M, Owner at Shady Acres Village, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you. Glad you stopped in and enjoyed your visit. We sure hope you can stop in again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

I had heard so many great things about this place, that my husband and I drove 2 hours to come check it out. Just as we heard, it was well worth the trip. The smoked chicken was so tender, veggies cooked like grandma does. Lemon pie was smooth, not tart, just right. Purchased a maidenhair fern I had been looking for....needless to say we left full and happy. Will definitely be back.

Thank you for coming to visit us. So glad you enjoyed everything. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Several years ago Shady Acres burned down, so I'm happy that they are back and thriving. Lots to see there. Their dining spaces include inside, screened porch or fresh air with out screens. We ordered the hamburger poor boy and it comes with cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickles all for $7.99. It was actually two burgers. We shared it and had plenty. We added the homemade potato chips and they were crisp and fresh. Service was good and although we missed the lunch rush between 11-2 where they serve plate lunches we still had a hot cooked meal. Bought some fresh veggies and their nursery is rapidly filling out. Spring is here in Mississippi.

1  Thank Liz S

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We appreciate you shopping and dining with us. Hope you can come back soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We love eating and shopping at this unique, family friendly restaurant, general store, nursery and gift shop! Generally, we order the buffet (the ribs are fantastic). But any food you order here will be wonderful and very filling. You can choose the daily buffet (meats vary by day) or you can order from the menu. They also sell ice cream, desserts, candy, fruits and vegetables. I really enjoy looking through their gift shop and have bought items here for birthdays and Christmas. You can also custom order baskets of jellies, jams, and other goodies. Fun outdoor and garden items can be purchased from their nursery. Definitely a place to visit if you live in the area or are traveling down highway 49.

2  Thank Michelle G

Thank you so much. We appreciate you. Come back soon.