All reviews rooftop bar koi pond downtown jackson sitting room fries biscuits small hotel chain hotel southern breakfast outside patio breakfast was delicious great place to stay road trip southern charm yogurt enjoyed my stay oci
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I had the pleasure of spending the night at this property while on business in Jackson. I arrived late to a VERY secure parking area and was warmly welcomed by the front desk agent. The room was spotless, spacious and well appointed. Since I work in the industry I am pretty picky and have an eye for detail in hotels and I couldn't have enjoyed my stay more! Comfy big beds, Aveda bath products, hot shower with plenty of pressure, friendly housekeepers and front office staff and a generously late check out!!! Everything I needed! After that stay The OCI is my 1st choice from now on when I come to Jackson.

Stayed: June 2018
3  Thank Clements10
Reviewed 10 June 2018

All Hotel employees were great. Only problem was parking when we arrived. There was a wedding at Hotel and the guest were parking in the Hotel customer parking. Had to wait until the wedding was over to park in hotel parking lot (arrived at 6pm parked at 10pm). Other down fall was on Sunday night the restaurant and bar are not open and restaurant are very limited in area on Sundays

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2018

My boyfriend and I did not have a good experience at this property. The woman who checked us in was rude to me but very nice to my boyfriend (very odd). We stayed in one of the suites and our main reason for doing so was because of the jacuzzi! Unfortunately, the water was brown so we neither were able to use the jacuzzi nor wash our hair in the shower. We ran the water and drained it 3 times to try to see if it would get better. Very disappointing. The floors in the bathroom were greasy from cleaning supplies. Both the the towel heater and close-up mirror were broken.

We had heard such great things about this place but things certainly could have been a lot better.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine G
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We stayed here on a Sunday night, and found that we were the only people in the hotel.
Our room was very spacious, clean, and had everything that we needed. Staff were very friendly, and approachable. The lady on reception recommended a restaurant for us, which was good as there didn't seem to be much open in Jackson on a Sunday night. Many thanks to the breakfast cook who was so helpful and lovely. The gardens were beautiful, and well kept.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NigelLiz
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Old Capitol Inn was the perfect venue for our granddaughter's wedding reception. The layout was outstanding. Our family (from four states) had rooms at the hotel for several nights. Couldn't have been any better. Management and staff were tops - Betty, Burke, Mimi and Rickie went the extra mile. Breakfast was a true southern delight and lunch was delicious and modestly priced. Thanks to all who helped make our experience fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family