All reviews rooftop bar koi pond downtown jackson sitting room small suite leaded glass fries biscuits turn down service chain hotel southern breakfast outside patio breakfast was delicious great place to stay road trip southern charm yogurt
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I sure thought I had posted this long ago. Old Capitol Inn is where my husband and I were married. We were one of the first couples to do so in 1999. Everything was beautiful from start to finish. All of our out of town guests (as well as us) were treated to individually themed rooms that were clean and nice appointed. The staff service is excellent as well. It's quite the gem in our capital city of Jackson. If you have never been, you must book a stay now!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Very clean, quite, well furnished, great staff. Couldn't ask for a better stay. The rooftop bar and entertainment was outstanding. The breakfast is awsome. Try the lunch menu. It's busy but the food is worth the wait.

Room Tip: the suites are worth the extra charge
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice old hotel near the Mississippi Coliseum. The property is very well maintained, and the staff were excellent. My room (#22) had a small anteroom with a sofa and desk, which in turn led to a separate bedroom. The room had a small balcony. The bathroom was small, but clean. This hotel has a rooftop bar with live music. In the back of the hotel is a patio with a fish pond. There is on-site gated parking with security. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles D
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best hotels we’ve stayed in. The staff is so friendly. Our room so homey and comfortable. We arrived late and ate on the rooftop. Great music and I think the chicken nachos were some of the best I’ve had. I loved the bbq sauce on them. Breakfast was stellar also. I’m not a grits fan but loved theirs. The room was exceptionally clean and had everything we needed. We will find a way to be back. Thank you for your hospitality!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lovescolorado1
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I thought the Old Capitol Inn was great; location was perfect, as I was working at the Mississippi Department of Archives and History, which was right around the corner. The room was charming and the staff was very helpful. My only feedback is that I wish Fox News wasn't blaring at me every time I came down the stairs. I'm sure a lot of guests don't mind it, but I'd suggest you opt for something more neutral, or put something else on besides news.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Andrew M
oldcapitolinn, Owner at Old Capitol Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! Hope to see you again!