All reviews the concierge lounge full service hotel special thanks extra towels front desk staff downtown location great customer service check in was easy beds were comfortable southern hospitality business trip comfortable stay room was large hotel is beautiful one night stay enjoyed my stay sunshine
Reviewed 25 July 2016

We stayed at this Marriott for a family reunion July 15, 16 and 17th, and I have to say, I am not impressed at all. The hotel is only 30 years old, but needs some serious updating. We had to switch rooms immediately after checking in, due to bugs but the second room really wasn't that much better. There were cracks in the ceiling all over the place. I never say anything bad without pointing out some good things. The staff were all great. They were very prompt and polite. The lobby area was absolutely beautiful and the banquet rooms were also very nice.
Suggestion: drop the $15.00/person breakfast price down a bit (maybe offer a free breakfast) and update the guest rooms.

On another note, the hotel is "downtown" Jackson, which is a complete ghost town. I have no idea what happened to this area but it's certainly not a downtown that you think it is.

1  Thank tonya0421
Regina L, Front Office Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2016

Tonya,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I would like to know who you spoke with if you reported the details above so that I may follow-up with them. I appreciate the kind words about the staff, so thank you for those. I will be sure to share your feedback. Hopefully, you will choose to stay with us again in the future, so that we have an opportunity to better serve you.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Made me feel like a queen. Staff was super. I was there for a meeting and first impressions were very positive. The entire stay did not disappoint. I had dinner there two of the nights and it was very good. Will be staying again in a few weeks and I am looking forward to the stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Great help at check in with luggage from garage to room. The room was well planned with a comfortable reading chair with ottoman. There was also a desk with a comfortable chair. There was plenty of light for reading. The convention center and area was clean and well set up. It was neither too hot or too cold.

You have to request a refrigerator. The one they delivered froze everything. We had hard boiled eggs. The maid who knew there was a problem left us a note and said she had placed fresh hard boiled eggs in the fridge. When we got back that night to our room it turned out that it was too late to get another fridge since they there were none available. Since we left the next day we let it go.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2016

I really loved this hotel , their were so many people who made it a trip worth while ! First their was the issue of coming in a day early ! Amazing Alanzo ! He helped us to still have a room and get settled in ,even though we were so early that was a plus ! Then after the long travel we had a great nights rest !! The beds were sooooo comfortable ! The best rest ever ! Then I woke up really hungry for breakfast , their I meet a loving lady name sunshine ! She made me a absolutely astonishing omelet for my breakfast ! Then their was a beautiful housekeeper name mrs Barbra she was amazing ! The love she showed my family was awesome!

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Stayed on the 10th floor had a decent room but there's no breakfast there's very little to do in the hotel the only bright fo stayed on the 10th floor had a decent room but there's no breakfast there's very little to do in the hotel the only bright part was the doorman and a maintenance worker

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JacksonMarriott, General Manager at Jackson Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Jackson Marriott with us.
As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. As a business hotel there are not many activities we provide, but the city has a tremendous list of things to do some even in walking distance.
As a valued customer, we hope you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Jackson.