“Best shrimp and grits ever”
Review of The Manship

The Manship
Reserve with OpenTable
The Manship is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 413 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our way to New Orleans. The server was great and the food was amazing. I had the creole shrimp and grits and they were the best I’ve ever had and definitely in the top 10 meals I’ve ever eaten. My friend had the chicken artichoke pizza which was also excellent.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Met some friends at this restaurant and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. They had the redfish and I had the Greek style chicken. It was seasoned perfectly. I also ordered the Au Gratin potatoes which were to die for. I could have made these my total meal. We had the pecan pie and ice cream for dessert and the three of us shared it and it was plenty. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We were a little early (5:30) for a weekday supper so we figured it was safe and we could go reservationless. When we arrived both of the hostess could have cared less if we were there. They finally put their phones down and seated.

For some reason the didn’t seat us in the dining area that was nearly empty. We were seated at the bar that only had the bartender to deal with the afternoon drink crowd and us. As a recovering alcoholic this was poor form in my opinion.

The service flat out sucked from the time we got there until we left. Hostesses / bartender / server none of them cared about anything. The manager was behind the bar counting down a register and doing inventory and he watched it all happen and didn’t care either.

The food was good but we want be back. There are plenty of options that have the same quality of food and employees that care about the customer.

2  Thank Garland11
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

This is an attractive restaurant with excellent service and creative dishes. My companion and I split the Shepherd’s Salad, which was plenty for two and very fresh and crisp; she ordered the duck and I ordered one of the specials, the Red Snapper. We also ordered the Parmesan Fries. Superb! Everything was done to perfection. We didn’t leave room for dessert, but the coffee was mellow and delicious.
A very pleasant dinner where it is obvious everyone on staff takes a great deal of care.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere and the smell of the wood burning oven welcomes you and give Manship a unique feel. The food is very good and not over priced for an upscale venue. The place was full so I would recommend reservations. The staff were knowledgeable, attentive and made helpful suggestions. There were six in our group which made it a challenge to communicate with some members of our group. I would suggest a group of four or less. You will enjoy your visit.

Been to The Manship? Share your experiences!