See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

This dump is awful! I checked in after a very long drive from Clarksdale and was desperate for a shower. The bathroom was disgusting and I wouldn’t have risked using it in case I caught something.

The bed lined was dirty and torn as was the armchair in the room. The microwave and refrigerator were disgusting and there was an awful smell in the room.

It would have been impossible to stay there so I left and went to another hotel.

Avoid this dump at all costs or you will regret it!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I booked this room for just a place to rest on a family cross-country drive. I have had good experiences at all the other Red Roofs I've stayed at, I figured this one should be fine also. I was wrong. It was so bad I paid not to stay there. Arrived at 2am. Clerk was nice, but hard to understand behind the bullet-proof glass. While walking to the room we saw a guy sitting on at bucket in the parking lot. Just sitting and staring. The stairs to the upper floors are wooden. The bottom step was completely missing, big step up, and hope you remember that on the way down. Entered the room and found it to be well over 100 degrees inside. Heater was left on high, and this is early July in MS. I found a small metal shaft sticking out of the wall where there control box had been at some point in the past. Couldn't turn off the heat. The family and I walked back to the front desk (watch your step, hi bucket man, luggage is getting heavy). Explained the situation, was given key to a different room. New room door didn't fit frame very well, looked like it could be (and had often been) opened with a screwdriver. Went inside new room to find no pillows, no comforters, room appeared to be very dirty, and smelled like every ash tray in Reno had been dumped into the carpet. I couldn't get the door to shut. I gave up and told the desk clerk I wouldn't be staying there after all. He said OK and my card wouldn't be charged. Bucket man had moved closer to the front desk now, looked like he was paying attention to me now. Creepy. I drove on another 11 hours. After our trip I saw where I had been charged for the room. I don't even care, I'd gladly pay not to stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018

So seriously, there were 3 roaches there, the two nights I stayed. So why did I stay? My question to myself EXACTLY. Well, 2 of the roaches were dead and I killed 1 on the ceiling. SHEESH!

-Staff was friendly when I needed directions and the door lock/key did not work as it should. Housekeeping gave me towels when I requested them, although I did not get my room cleaned.
-No bed bugs!!!
-They had heat, since I was cold from the rain.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof Inn. The staff were so helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the waffle house nearby to it. The room was clean, modern and well appointed. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Excellent location
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

An old motel and not kept up. That’s it. Stuff that’s been broken barely repaired...bathroom door knob loose, shower wall patched and not finished off, mini-fridge not for those who like things to be sanitary. Weird beds that may have been found a month after a garage sale on the sidewalk.
And some strange folks walking around at 3 a.m. that could or not be guests.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank GuernevilleG
RedRoofJackson, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson Downtown - Fairgrounds, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to write a review.

Our team was disappointed to read that our property fell short of your expectations,

We are in process of renovation as well as new management taking care of this property now so hopes you will give us another chance to serve you and for sure we will try our best efforts to make your stay comfortable
Thanks