All reviews medical center parking lot every evening university of mississippi biscuits and gravy medical reasons bathroom door security guard stayed one night nice breakfast bed was comfortable desk clerk very nice hotel new orleans fries popcorn talbot
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Warm Reception, staff who are good at what they do and take pride in doing their work.

The dining area has a cozy feel to it.

The beds are comfortable; linen and towels and bathroom very clean.

Pool, pool area, and pool towels are very clean.

Complimentary breakfast is excellent in quality and variety. The dining area is very clean and welcoming.

The hotel property is somewhat dated.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with a friend for a quick overnight trip. We were one mile from the Fondren area, which has plenty of options for food and shopping. The hotel was clean, the room was nice. Clean bathroom, which is important to me. They offer complimentary breakfast and happy hour in the evenings (we only had breakfast, but it was pretty much baseline for most hotels). We did not spend time in or around the pool, but our room had a good view of it and it was very pretty.
For the price, I would stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Clean and quiet hotel. Reasonable price for an overnight stay for business with a nice, plentiful breakfast. Staff very nice and helpful and the free happy hour in the lobby area is very nice with comfortable areas to lounge and enjoy. I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2017

This was my third or fourth time staying here in the past 10-15 years. It's been a few years since I was last here. The staff is very friendly. The Breakfast is good, and the Cocktail time in the evening is nice. The rooms are clean, but the Cabot is showing its age.

The first room I was booked into, the bathroom light was too dim to do my makeup so I had to do it in the bedroom. The toilet would not stop running so I called the front desk and they sent someone to fix it right away. It stopped for a few minutes but then started up again. I called the front desk and asked to change rooms. They happily and quickly did just that.

My second room had great light in the bathroom and I realized it was because the cover was missing and it was just the bare bulbs, but the light was perfect! The carpet in both rooms was sort of sticky on my bare feet. However, my only real issue was that the sheets were so scratchy, I felt like I was sleeping in a potato sack. I put on sweats and it helped.

When I checked out I told them that overall my stay was good but that they really really need some new sheets.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

This hotel is approximately a block and a half from the Children's Hospital, where my niece was a patient. The public areas were well maintained and attractive with plenty of seating. The beds in the room were comfortable and there was a variety of pillows from soft to hard. My main criticism of the room has to do with the tiny bathroom. Strangely, the mirror was hung unusually high, as was the hook on the bathroom door. One would think the hotel believed all their patrons to be about six feet. Additionally, the base of the bathroom door had wood peeling back. The evening reception was marginal at best, but the breakfast was first class, offering eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuit and gravy, donuts, muffins, etc. I thought the cost of the room was quite reasonable and if I were back in the area, I would stay there again as my criticisms are of things that are relatively minor in light of the positives. I would certainly recommend Cabot Lodge to anyone with family in the University Hospital.

Date of stay: April 2017