See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2016

So this motel is located on an one-way road which adds a little bit of difficulty of getting to the parking lot. If only I would have known to avoid this place ahead of time, I would have gone to the hotel next door. Here are the issues I faced (took pictures that I can't get off my phone right now, which I'll post once I can).

Exterior: From the outside, at ground level, the facility looks exactly like the photos posted, which unfortunately is only an illusion that you are getting any sort of deal. First, the outdoor elevator was out of service, only marked with an orange cone on the ground level. If it recently went out, I don't know, none of the other floors had signs or cones to remind the guests that it was in-operable. So the stairs, located in two corners at opposite ends, were the only way up. Since my room was on the second floor, I got to see that the carpet was generally laying on the concrete patio and not secured in any way. I suspect the third floor is the same. Thankfully it didn't shift under me.

Service: So I had several issues with the service... I got my room key and went up to my room so that I could scope it out, see how much it was like the photos provided. Well, the key didn't work. I know the whole thing with placing them against a phone or magnet, but I had held it in my hand the entire time. I turned the key upside down just to make sure it wasn't the door, which promptly gave the red light. So I had to get re-keyed and that got me into the room. If only my problem stopped there, but the next day when I went to check out, I was told I hadn't paid for my room. Funny enough my receipt was stapled to the back of their invoice, and I do mean theirs. I had to get a hand written receipt to prove that I stayed there as they would not print out another page showing my reservation.

Main Room: The pictures the hotel provides are an outright lie! I don't really know where to begin. So the exterior door was improperly fitted, not straight cut or having any sealing to it. It was so poor that sunlight was coming in around every side, so if you got close you didn't need to use the peephole to see outside. The chain lock was ripped off, so you only had the door bolt for security. Then there was the kitchenette... the microwave had a massive dent in it, the mini fridge barely functioned. The ceiling had spots from what looked to be water stains, and the carpeting was not professionally installed. The bed sheets had holes and tears, only the pillows were fine, and the bed frame was too small so if you sat on the edge the whole bed tried to flip on you. The sofa was placed where the other queen sized bed was, the wall hadn't been repaired, and it looked like it was picked up from the side of the street with it's hole and dank appearance. Also, the A/C unit had the temp knob ripped off so you couldn't control that part, but that didn't matter because unless you are directly in front of the fan, the room won't be cooling down at all.

Bathroom: Definitely wasn't cleaned at all, as the sink had built up grime stains. When I looked in the tub, I swear I would come out filthier if I took a shower in there. The floor had a mini step up (good tripping hazard) and the ceiling was a foot lower. The vent, actually just an air duct, did nothing to help prevent the room from smelling. I think someone upstairs was smoking in their room, cause out of nowhere the bathroom started smelling foul of cigarette smoke, so I had to keep that door closed for the night. Also, the way that the plumbing is done, when I flushed the toilet, I swear it was going to flood over, which amazingly it did not.

Lighting: If you want to have any sort of decent visability within the room, you will be turning on every single light. Otherwise it feels like you might be on the set for a horror movie. Also, for the lights by the bed, one of the switches was intentionally ripped out, so you could only use of of those, and when I looked down at the plug, the power cable had been spliced back together... twice! Nothing was aestetically pleasing as there were not cable trays to hide any of the wires.

Safety: So saving the best for last... I like to make sure that I know my exits and what to do in the event of an emergency. So I saw the big chime box, though once I read the label, realized it was nothing more than a doorbell. So looking around, I saw the wiring for where the smoke alarm should be... Should be. You know... That thing by Mississippi law must be installed. Yeah... I used my cell phone (cause no internet with that wifi) to find out the legality of what I was seeing. (Hopefully a call to the fire warden can get them over there to inspect all the rooms) Not only was there no smoke detector, but knowing that most hotels at least provide an evacuation route on their door, they certainly don't. I guess if there is an emergency, they'll come outside and shout at you as to what to do....

Final verdict: For $45 for a single night... Yeah, you're getting ripped off even at that low of a price.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank TanoshiiFushi
Reviewed 14 February 2015

This hotel is nasty and disgusting. The rooms are dirty and the ceiling in the bathroom was falling in. The bathroom is beyond disgusting. Don't waste your money. They will not refund your money on any circumstances even if the rooms are nasty and the lights dont work.

• Stayed: February 2015
3  Thank AmandaHill1221
Reviewed 1 November 2014 via mobile

We visited this place in October after a long day of driving. During our journey we knew we wanted to stay in Jackson near the interstate. This motel seemed to fit the bill. Much to our surprise this establishment was not really conveinient to get to first of all. Second, this establishment did not offer a weary traveler any sense of peace and relaxation. The area in which the motel is in is not the best but it didn't look like the worst either. More than half of the motel looks as if it is the full time home of drug dealers or illegal activity. The other half has completely unacceptable accommodations for safety and health of travelers. I am unsure how they can maintain a legal license to rent to travelers. The entire night was filled with noise and racket from people outside our room revving their engines and carrying on with no regard to others. I got little sleep due to the noise and fear that someone would break into the room and/or our vehicle. I would never recommend this place to anyone young or old.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank JiltedTraveler
Reviewed 29 October 2014

This motel is just off I-55 in Jackson, MS. We stopped at it, thinking that it ought to be all right, given its proximity to the Interstate. We were certainly wrong! The neighborhood is not safe at all, so if you stay here, be sure to ask for a room in front, facing toward the highway, so that you can keep an ear out for any trouble with your vehicle (like someone trying to break into it). We had a room in the back, for which we got an electronic key. After we thought that we had safely ensconced ourselves in our room, someone opened the door with ANOTHER electronic key. Fortunately, we had the slider-lock engaged and the person(s) left without incident. Our sense of security, however, was not reinforced! The back two wings of this motel are in awful shape. Many of the rooms are obviously vacant, do not have working doors or windows on them, and do not appear to be in the process of being renovated. To make matters even worse, there was outside noise all night from other guests, revving engines on their cars, talking loudly, etc. The shower/tub enclosure was dirty and insects were crawling around the room. We did not read the Trip Advisor reviews on this motel before getting off I-55. If we had, we definitely would not have stayed here. Watch out for this place!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gregory P
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I found this motel online thinking it was somewhat decent by the photos that were posted online. I thought wrong. There were people literally selling drugs in the parking lot. There were bbq grills and clothes hanging off of the balcony, giving ideas that people are actually living at the motel. The first room i was assigned to had small specs of blood splatter in many different places. They ranged from the bathroom door, shower, the lamps next to the bed, and the walls close to the bed and door. Secondly, there were roaches everywhere. So I asked for another room, located in front (only place that they had cameras that actually worked). The room itself was a little better, but not much changed other than there was no blood splatter anywhere. Then there was constant loud music and people being loud all night. It was just a horrible experience overall. So whenever you see a bad review about a hotel, please pay attention to it. Don't over look them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo