All reviewsguest pantrylibrary barmagnolia suitecooper roomhonor barbed and breakfastasian suitethe main housesouthern charmb bsrocking chairsgas fireplaceenglish suitestrawberry roomhonor systemeggs benedictsouthern breakfast
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel 3 times for work which allowed me to see and use 3 different rooms, each with their own creative and unique twists. The staff is very helpful and the snacks and drinks were a plus along with the complimentary breakfast. The rooms I had the opportunity to stay in included: Eudora Welty Room (Strawberry Room), English Suite, and the Dayton Cooper Room. The Jacuzzi tubs and showers were a major plus for me. The rooms were clean and extremely comfy. I did not worry about outside noise or noise from other guests.

Room Tip: The top floor had the least amount of foot traffic
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I chose the location because of it's proximity to Baptist Hospital where my Dad was having surgery. I wasn't sure of my exact length of stay and the staff was very accommodating when I kept extending the nights. The rooms are very large, the grounds are beautiful & peaceful and the staff is warm & friendly. I needed a place to unwind after a day at the hospital and this definitely beat staying at a hotel. From 1908 Provisions to the Library Bar to complimentary Bkfst, the food and service were spectacular! The housekeeping staff was wonderful too....they offered to do my laundry! This would be my go to choice to stay when visiting Jackson!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We were in Jackson visiting our daughter and son in law and they suggested drinks in the "Library" at the Fairview Inn. Such a cute place. There was a Friday evening happy hour that we enjoyed. Good prices and delicious wines. It is very quaint with bookshelves and books. We enjoyed ourselves and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Short Summary:
The Pros:
Beautiful Historic Inn.
Nice shaded areas outside to sit and relax.
Rooms are large and comfortable size.
Rooms are furnished with nice furniture.

Cons:
Snobbish environment.
Cleanliness was below average for a hotel of this caliber.
Some areas needed maintenance.
The walls are very thin. You can hear everything your neighbor is doing.

The Pros (cons listed below)

This is a beautiful, peaceful place.

Our room was very beautiful, comfortable and was furnished with bottled water, keurig coffee maker, light up makeup mirror, hairdryer, qtips, cotton balls - a lot of extras that make your stay extra special.

The bathroom was very large with a wonderful Jacuzzi tub and separate shower. The room had a nice comfortable sitting area and a desk to work at.

The grounds are beautiful and well kept. (except the brick walkways in the garden area - the bricks are uneven ans sticking up in places and can pose a tripping hazard - I rolled my ankles a few times) There are many shady spots to sit outside and relax, including the garden maze in the back of the hotel entrance. There is patio seating with tables and rocking chairs for sitting on the front porch, gazebo and large deck area. There is also a large magnolia tree with a hammock and bench to sit and enjoy the cool shade that is a really beautiful, peaceful spot.

Our breakfast was delicious! The staff helping with breakfast were very friendly.

They offer a snack area with complimentary bottled water, coffee, fresh baked cookies and the best peach cobbler pound cake- I want that recipe! There are also items you can purchase such as sodas and chips and coffee mugs, cook books and other items.

The Library restaurant food was very good.

The cons:
The walls are very thin, and you can hear everything your neighbors are doing. It sounded like an elephant walking around above us. We stayed earlier in the week and there weren't many other people there so we didn't have any issues. My recommendation would be try to get the top floor, or reserve all the rooms to avoid being kept up to midnight and awoken early from noisy neighbors. We asked to change rooms and there were no other rooms available but the $325 per night room. We also found out that our rate went up on the weekend $50 per night. So we opted to go elsewhere.

Be aware you will be stopped by housekeeping in the hallways or at the self serve snack area and asked what room you are staying in. This happened to me several times.

Also you may be asked to show your room key to employees when you are out of your room (I guess to verify you are a guest???)

I felt that I should have dressed in my Chanel and Versace and carried my Louis Vuitton purse with me so the staff would have known I was a guest and had been there several days. I mean there are 17 rooms at this Inn, so it must be hard keeping all guests straight when they dress in a plain t-shirt with no visible name brands showing.

I felt the staff were a bit snobbish,all except the male working at the Library Lounge and the female at Breakfast. Most could really work on their southern hospitality. I can say that cause I'm a southerner, born and raised lol.

The rooms could really use a good cleaning. There was mold in the shower and my feet were black from going barefoot in the room. Also the toilet was leaking and would run at random times.

For the price you pay, this Inn was a disappointment and did not meet the standards we are used to for the same price.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Beautiful inn, gracious Southern charm, wonderful food, great service, excellent rooms! Tammy was excellent & so helpful with everything. Will absolutely stay at this beautiful gem again!! Free WiFi and complimentary hot breakfast plus honor bar 24 hours a day. The gardens and grounds were immaculate!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business