“Rude Customer Service by the the Host, Kailey”
Review of Airport Grocery

Airport Grocery
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

In town visiting for the weekend. Customer service was horrible. After waiting ten minutes to be seated, hostess, Kailey, was very rude. Failed to speak, then rolled her eyes when I requested to move to a booth. Not to mention I was skipped during seating for a white couple who walked in after me who only waited approximately 2 minutes. It is apparent that racism still exists in this small town. This is my third visit to the restaurant to this restaurant over the years. Food has always been decent but this is the rudest service I have ever received. If she continues to host, they will continue to lose business. Very unfortunate behavior for 2017. She should not interface with customers. She has a horrible attitude. She may have given me a fake name. If so, she is the short Caucasian host at the door who looks to be in her 20s.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I found the quality of the food to be lacking and the prices to be inflated. They have a great building, great decor in the old style but the groceries weren't near as appealing as anticipated considering the top $$$ investment in the beautiful building.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for the night and went to Airport Grocery for dinner. A Great bluesy vibe with a lot of antique memorabilia. Staff was very friendly and the food was great, good home cooking.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

While this is a cute little retro joint, I found that the food was just average. We ordered hot tamales with chili for our appetizer and they were just okay. Honestly, they may have been better if they had been hot (temperature wise) for they were barely lukewarm even with chili poured over the top. My husband had the pulled pork and was satisfied, while I had just veggies. The fried okra we ordered was sent back and did not want a replacement!!!! It was saturated in grease!!!!! I ended up with a very small side of Mac and cheese and pinto beans and both were just average. The place was clean and service was good but wasn't a fan of the food we ordered.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Airport Grocery is a really cool retro joint outfitted with antiques and has old school vibe. The food was good but could be better given the price. The interior is very dim and functions best for a casual beer or a night out. While my friends and I all enjoyed the experience, I think this venue has more potential as a bar than a through and through restaurant. Airport Grocery certainly has some intangibles that draw me in and make me want to return.