“A Clarksdale icon - must stop”
Review of Abe's

Abe's
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Clarksdale
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I love the history of Abe's. It is certainly a tourist stop now, not that tourism is a bad thing. We had pulled pork sandwiches which were cheap and tasty, but not out of the ordinary. Wish we'd tried the ribs or tamales. Sometimes you go to a restaurant not because it is the most delicious food you'll eat but because of the history and ambience, and the memories it will make for us.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

If there is such a thing as "traditional" BBQ, I think it could be Abe's. A constant to visit when in or near Clarksdale. A place I send friends who travel the region. It's timeless. Near the legendary crossroad of local lore where famed blues singer Robert Johnson traded his soul with the Devil for musical skills, it's a delight to be that close to the heart and should of delta musical history.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

A good meal . Not the best i have ever had but right next to crossraods sign so convenient for pictures

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I had a chopped beef sandwich, which was sort of dry. The staff is very nice, so I wish I liked it better than I did.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Opened in 1924, Abe’s offers terrific BBQ! Casual and authentic. Lucille is a super server with a lovely sense of humor. Would return again anytime we are in Clarksdale, MS.
Thanks Gillian Cassel