“Awful! Awful!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Back in 2006, I gave Abe's 4 stars because it deserved it for their amazing tamales. What happened, Abe's?! These tamales were mushy, mushy. The pork sandwiches had no smoke on them. Plus the place smelled, looked and was dirty. I understand ambience, but this was just dirty. Worst tamales ever. Sad to see since Abe's is a Clarksdale institution. So either clean it up and get a better cook, or shut it down.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

After all the hype and hoopla, Abe was a slight disappointment. Although it was very good bbq, it wasn't that so good make u wanna slap yo mama bbq. Service was good also

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We had to stop here, since we were in the area and they've been around forever.

I had the pulled pork sandwich, which was fine. Not great. I guess I'm spoiled because my wife makes outstanding pulled pork.

My wife had a Tamale which was okay, but again not great.

the prices are good, so stop buy and get some food.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

A must stop in Clarksdale. Right at the Crossroads and fabulous BBQ. My favorite is a hamburger with "slaw & sauce". Nothing like it anywhere. Beans & fries round out a wonderful meal!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We went here expecting outstanding and got average. The food wasn't bad just not anything exceptional. The decor was great-old pictures and blues related items on the walls- exactly what you'd expect at a bbq joint at the crossroads. Stop in if you happen to be there, but I wouldn't make a special trip.