“One of Clarksdale's Treasures!”
Review of Rest Haven

Rest Haven
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Clarksdale
Cuisines: Lebanese
Description: American / Lebanese cooking. Locals recommended for a breakfast and it was worth going. Great food, friendly staff
Reviewed 6 January 2017

This is a wonderfully-quirky, family-owned, restaurant with fantastic comfort food! I've been enjoying beautiful meals at Rest Haven for nearly ten years.

The weekday plate lunch specials are delicious, down-home-country cooking -- meat or pasta with side dishes and dessert (banana pudding) -- several choices/combinations are offered. Lunch for two, including drinks, costs about $20. Items from the regular menu have also been available every time I have visited Rest Haven, but the price and the tastiness of the lunch plate specials are hard to beat, even from the house menu. If you want to try the lunch plate specials, get there early. As items sell-out, they are erased from the whiteboard and forever gone (for that day). If you don't choose the banana pudding as one of your side dishes, have a slice of the house-made chocolate pie. OMG……it is FABULOUS!

The owners are friendly and always present, serving customers. That's part of the charm of this big little-diner. My husband and I enjoy chatting with the owners and other people/regular customers and tourists/first-timers. Tourists do stand out a bit, but I have noticed that Paula, one of the owners, seems to love chatting with her first-time-customers.

Eating at the Rest Haven Restaurant helps me feel like I am part of the Clarksdale story -- the local community -- which people from all over the world come to explore.

I can recommend the Rotel Chicken Spaghetti, the Lasagna, the Open-Face Roast Beef Sandwich, the basic Cheeseburger & Fries, the breakfast sandwiches, AND the Lebanese food. (I have been enjoying meals at Rest Haven for nearly TEN years!) It's amazing how many items are on their menu.

I'm writing this while I'm in Australia, and I'm craving Rest Haven's Rotel Chicken Spaghetti. I'll be back for it, soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Always the best breakfast for miles around. Country ham is a must. Slow down and enjoy the time with locals. Raining here today. A great place to hangout.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I had two meals at the Rest Haven, both of which were great. I had breakfast on the 30th of Sept and lunch on the 1st.

Breakfast consisted of country ham, two eggs and hash browns. Everything was hot and done to perfection. This is a family owned business and all of the locals come there to eat. It is so casual that you can go get the coffee pot to refill your own cups.

Lunch was the next day and I found a dish on the menu that I loved but could never find it locally. It was stuffed grape leaves. This is a dish that is ground chuck and rice wrapped in a grape leaf and seasoned with a lemon sauce. They were out standing and I had four of them. My wife had the cold roast beef sandwich while our friend had the homemade hamburger and fries. Everything was served hot and was very enjoyable.

Anytime you find a place that the locals liove you can count of good food and great service..

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I like the kibbie salad, the stuffed kibbie, grape leaves, cabbage rolls and hummus. The half spaghetti half ravioli is great, the club sandwich, the coconut and chocolate pies (homemade). Paula and her family are just great assets to the community of Clarksdale!

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Fine food in the wonderful southern city. Every time we go to the Sunflower Blues Festival we eat here and we haven't been disappointed yet. They have an extensive menu of Lebanese and Southern dishes and do a fantastic business. Breakfast omelets are huge and filling and the hamburger steak with gravy and onions is fantastic. Ate both breakfast and late lunch several times.

Service is top nitch. Enjoy.