“A Must if you are in Clarksdale”
Review of Dutch Oven

Dutch Oven
Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Clarksdale
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 February 2018

I don't get to go to the Dutch oven often but it never disappoints. The place is very clean with outstanding service. The food is always fresh and very good.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

I have eaten here several times. First, try the poppyseed chicken. It's very tasty and there's a reason it's so popular. The shrimp and grits was the best thing I ever had there, however. So delicious and cheesy. Their croissants are stellar, as well as most of their baked goods. I love every slice of pie and cupcake I had there. The only reason it's not 5 stars is because of the service. It's seat yourself, and I often sat alone. Waitresses would come serve tables of 2-4 that came in after me, and I'd be left alone for 4-5 minutes while everyone else is getting their orders taken. It was extremely annoying being ignored for other tables who came in later than I did. I almost got up and walked out once as it lasted 10 minutes, but then I remembered how good the food was and I stayed.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

The restaurant is run by the local Mennonite community. The young ladies in traditional attire are friendly and "matter of fact" as they wait on the customers. As a result the food is fresh and tasty. They have great sandwich and casseroles and are especially known for their desserts. I always take one home.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

If you are within 50 miles of Clarksdale Mississippi and don’t stop and eat at Dutch Oven, then you are missing a culinary experience. They don’t make a bad meal. The service is excellent. They have cakes and pies and frozen entrees that will make you drool. The food is rich and tasty. If you are watching your waistline I suggest you limit your visits. If you aren’t then everyday there is something new and amazing to try.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I have eaten at Dutch Oven last time I came to Clarksdale, and they have not changed! Food is so fresh and delicious!! Ended the meal with a slice of pecan pie that was out of this world! Will always make it a point to eat here when I come to Clarksdale.