“BEST CHICKEN SALAD AROUND”
Review of Yazoo Pass

Yazoo Pass
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Clarksdale
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: New coffee shop (opened November 28, 2011) in downtown Clarksdale Mississippi next to The Lofts at the Five and Dime (211 Yazoo Avenue, Clarksdale, MS 38614).
Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

I manage the Clark House Residential Inn just three blocks from YP--the local nomenclature for Yazoo Pass! My guests always rave about their visits to YP! On a personal note: the chicken salad I had the other day is the same as every other time I've eaten it--fabulously consistent, meaty, and when spread on Melba toast, unparalleled! Great addition to downtown!

1  Thank PoorWilliam

Reviewed 20 May 2015

Probably the nicest meal during our stay, very relaxing eating areas, private and comfortable. Waitress was friendly.

Reviewed 17 May 2015

Gorgeous cafe, great coffee, friendly talkative folks. I had a bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. Free refills on the coffee. Chatted and chatted. Seemed rather upscale and much nicer than I expected, and I mean that in the kindest and nicest way. I hated to leave. And want to come back.

Reviewed 11 May 2015

This was my second visit to Yazoo Pass. My memory of the salad bar was better than what I saw, so I chose to order from the menu. I had a smoked turkey sandwich and gazpacho. The meat on the sandwich had a strange flavor. I did not realize gazpacho was a cold soup, so that is my fault. It was tasty, but would have been better warm! Service was a bit slow. Atmosphere was not warm and inviting. Might go here again, but will try different items.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

What a wonderful little coffeehouse and restaurant! Spacious, cozy, friendly staff, great coffee and wonderful soups, sandwiches, salad bar. This place really made a positive impression on me. I could eat every meal here.