“Food was amusing ”

Delta Amusement Cafe
Ranked #20 of 48 Restaurants in Clarksdale
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

When I saw the "catering" menu in the window, I thought the prices would be reasonable. I was wrong. I ordered the cheeseburger with fries and a tea. For $10, I got what looked like the basic McDonald's burger and a plate of Walmart fries. The sweet tea was nasty, and the unsweetened was worse. It has a nice family feeling to it, with the serve yourself tea pitchers and laid back atmosphere. The place is clean. I didn't appreciate listening to the owner talk ugly about the lady who was helping. So, I won't return.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 14 April 2018

The usual words used are real and authentic. Not fine dining but good basic food - had a huge bbq pork sandwich, you won't go hungry here.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Keen to experience a local venue we landed here for a late lunch. The tomato and lettuce salad requested was not possible, "no tomato and lettuce" but the pancakes with bacon and maple syrup were a good substitute and, once the chef had returned from wherever he had gone, he cooked them for us. Atmospheric in an unpretentious location, featured in a New York Times article framed on the wall, the experience was fun, even if it was not not the last word in culinary delight.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

From the outside it may not seem like much but go in and experience the real authentic Clarksdale. The lady at Dee's Merchantile suggested this as a place to have a southern breakfast. I'm so grateful for her suggestion and glad I had such a neat experience here. This is the kind of friendly, authentic, real people place. This is the kind of place to get a non-touristy experience. Don't come here expecting Cracker Barrel. I ordered at the bar and wondered around looking for a seat. Poured my own coffee. The man behind the bar brought me my breakfast and a few minutes later he brought his own breakfast over and joined me....Turns out he was the owner and had been stationed in Lawton, Oklahoma about 25 years ago and attended Langston University before returning to Clarksdale to buy this place. Being from Tulsa (about 150 miles north and East of Lawton) I thought that was pretty cool. It was nice to have a local experience. The cook has been here since she was a little girl he told me. I enjoyed my southern breakfast and especially my grits. I hope to make it back here sometime, especially on a Sunday when they have live music and crawfish boils, BBQ's. It's located right by Ground Zero and the Delta Blues Museum

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

I've been in here multiple times, and have never been in here when there wasn't a dog running loose in the restaurant -- a dog!!! I just can't stress that point enough. How many health codes does that violate? And, that violation is visible to everyone. What health codes are being violated that are unseen? In addition, the food is marginal at best. It is prepackaged, frozen food that is microwaved when you order. If you are interested in good food in a clean restaurant, avoid this one. If you want Delta filth and packaged, frozen food, this may be your destination of choice.

Date of visit: March 2015