“not fit for a cockroach”
Review of Meadow Inn Hotel

Meadow Inn Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Fawkner
Reviewed 16 November 2012

four families recently travelled from interstate and stayed here, it was absolutely filthy, even to dirty for the cocktoaches, our shower curtain was covered in black mould, holes in the woodwork from dry rot, cigarette burns all over hand basin and carpets and window sills i am sure have never been cleaned and so the list goes on. cleaning staff told us it was graded 1/2 star, but that is no excuse for filth.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bette M

Reviewed 16 November 2011

A fair proportion of locals woud be aware of this hotel having "women of ill repute" use it for their clients. We had family stay here whilst down from the country for a wedding and they checked out after one night. The comments expressed by others about dirty, broken rooms were also experienced by our family members too. We picked them up to take them out to lunch and were horrified at what we saw. People please don't consider bringing your family to this hotel. Oh lordy if this is your first experience of Melbourne after coming off the plane at Tullamarine I wholeheartedly apologise.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Carolyn1310
Reviewed 7 September 2009

While we were informed that this was not the Ritz, we were told that it was clean. Unfortunately that was not the case. After a long car trip, we were looking forward to relaxing and getting some sleep. We paid for 2 nights up front. The carpets were not clean and were very badly stained. Upon looking under the beds to make sure that nothing had fallen under them, we discovered old used bandaids, rocks, dirt and a mess that appeared to have not been vacuumed for a very long time. Behind the bathroom door, was what appeared to be a few years worth of filth mounting. When my husband shook the bed cover, the amount of dust and dirt that flew off it was disgusting. The wall had a massive dented crack in it. My husband was apalled when he opened the cupboard up under the bathroom sink, to discover used female hygiene items and a bowl with burn marks all over it. We got no sleep thanks to the permanent residents that rent out the rooms on the bottom floor. The adults were standing outside our room smoking and talking at the tops of their voices and children were running, screaming and playing on the staircase and landing until midnight. When we complained, we were told that there should be no children on the top floor because they live downstairs.... needless to say the noise stopped for an hour, only to start up again at 1:00am. When the people finally decided to go to bed, we continued to experience no sleep due to the loudness of the cars and trains that went passed all night and morning. They did not seem to be shocked or surprised when we checked out the following morning and asked for a refund on the second night as we were not staying for the second night. I was most disappointed as this was my first holiday away with my family and 8 month old daughter. Very unenjoyable experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank maccat-vic
Reviewed 18 August 2008

I was planning to stay at the Formula 1 hotel at Fawkner and check out the reveiws. One said it was bad, try the Meadow Inn across the road. I did, booked for 4 nights. It was the worst hotel I have ever seen. After I checked in I went to my room to find it had no door and repair men where working in it. Back to reception, new room next to the old one. I was shocked at the condition and then the work men started up a power tool, back to reception, no one around, asked an employee to page someone for me which she did. After about 10 minutes I went for a wonder around and found the manager in the bar watching the olympics. I told him that I will be checking out and he seemed shocked (I was shocked that he seemed shocked!). He said he would give me a new room and as I was tired just flown in from Japan I agreed but told him I was leaving tomorrow. This room was not much better, close to the busy road, cold (big gaps under doors etc) very run down, no curtains just some old thin blinds tapped the the hugh window. The worst hotel experience in my life a nightmare!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Danchichris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fawkner
7,7 km away
0,7 km away
Hume Villa Motor Inn
Hume Villa Motor Inn
#2 of 4 in Fawkner

Been to Meadow Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!