“Come hungry”

Machete Cocina Mexicana
Ranked #40 of 106 Restaurants in Woodbury
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Machete is good, but 21” Long. I managed to east about one-third before needing a to go box. Great assortment of sauces.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

AMAZING MENU... VERY TASTY FOOD!! Great atmosphere with live acoustic music. Service is quick, considering how diverse the menu truly is....

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Went to lunch with a friend, my first time, she has been many times. Ordered the taco plate, which includes 3 tacos from their extensive taco menu. Please note, the lunch menu is limited. My friend suggested we come for dinner when there is a bigger menu. There is a bar, ready to serve margaritas and cervesa. The salsa that comes with the chips is very tasty.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

The food I had was quite good -- tacos once and the specialty Machete another time. There are many varieties of fillings available, including some vegetarian choices. This isn't a full-menu Mexican restaurant (you won't find a chicken mole dinner or chiles rellenos on the menu) but if you are craving a fancy taco, this is a good place to consider.

The "machete" is a novelty item, distinctive because of its length. A novelty is fun once in a while, right? This is a good item to share. I don't think this kind of item, with both cold and hot ingredients, reheats well. If you do take some home, though, reheat it in a cast iron skillet on medium-low. Now that I've had the novelty I think I'll stick to tacos.

They aren't on the menu, but there are several interesting non-alcoholic beverages available. I had hibiscus water. Ask your server. Speaking of menus, I wish theirs was easier to read. White print on a dark background is hard for some of us to read, and the descriptions seem crowded.

I had the flan for dessert. Good!

The ambiance is casual and clean.

I am not including the service in my rating. The second time I was there I wondered if I had on an invisibility cloak. I saw good service all around me, though, and I'm going to assume my server was new, or having a bad day. If it happens again, I'll come back and review it!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

This is a new restaurant in Woodbury, replacing Cien Tacos. On our first visit, we split a Machete, which is a huge taco-like creation. I enjoyed the crispy outside of the machete, and it was fun to sample the different meat combos available. There were leftovers, which I took home and ate cold. Next time I will try a taco combo and a signature margarita made with fresh lime juice and agave nectar (just the way I like it). Service was a bit slow on a holiday weekend. I’m hoping this place will stay around and not suffer the same fate as the last 2 places in the same location.

1  Thank lubkerc46