“Glad they came to Town”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #4 of 6 Quick Bites in Woodbury
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have gone inside to eat and just recently tried the drive thru. All I wanted was a Chicago Dog. It was a long wait both times. I almost thought the 1st time they lost my order it took forever. Then when I ordered outside the girl that took my order wrote down the wrong # so they were not sure what I ordered but kept walking back and forth on the side of the cars but never asked anyone about there order. Finally when I got my stuff it was cold. I was disappointed in the service but I might go back to see if they have gotten it together yet.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Honestly between the 2 meals the worst thing was the fries, which I feel you can't knock someone for fries. We got a jumbo dog, Italian Beef and I added cheese, Onion Rings and their famous chocolate cake. Wow. Everything was awesome. The auju for the beef had a bit of Italian flavoring, the cake was amazing. My companion loved his dog and his onion rings. Now the drinks are not self serve they get them for you, even a glass of water which is small, so you may want to order 2. We would very much go here again

Reviewed 3 June 2018

After weeks of watching snazzy TV ads, we decided to check out the Portillo's in Woodbury for lunch on a Saturday. The faux Chicago warehouse ambiance doesn't offset the poor customer service, and frankly unimpressive food. A ten minute wait in line to order was followed by a 35 minute wait to pick up, The Chicago style hot dog was tepid in temperature, and served in a soggy poppy seed roll that was basically just just a "soft white bread" roll, with little distinction. The fries were nothing to wrote home about, and also not hot. Little attention was paid to keeping the seating areas wiped and ready to go, and the tables too close to the door won't be a prize during a Minnesota winter wind. For what is essentially fast food they could skip some of the money on the "ambiance" and take their staff to St. Paul and get them trained in a real Italian deli, with better food served in less time. Frankly, I've had a better hot dog at Costco.

1  Thank Ogden R
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Looked for a place to eat dinner that was not in our local area and found this place. They have a big selection of different food to chose from. You order at one end of the place and pick up at the other end. The assembly line is very long so I do not understand why it took so long to get our food. Found the burger to be under cooked. and everything was just average. One thing we noticed is they seemed to get many orders wrong. We also saw on several day the drive thru line was LONG!!! My advice to do that. Would not be a place we would repeat.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Food prep staff swiping fries out of the bin and eating them. Uninspired employees standing around when at least 8 tables in the dining room needed to be wiped down and 10 people were waiting for food. I really like the food at this restaurant and don't want to see it fail. I visit the Chicago Rover North location fairly often and find a much nicer vibe.