All reviews olive garden front desk mayo clinic fresh fruit the hotel is clean short drive walk in shower road noise shuttle service water pressure waffles the breakfast area breakfast buffet stayed here for one night within walking distance i highly recommend this hotel king suite
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

My wife had to come for testing at The Mayo Clinic. I read many great things about The Fairfield Inn. Everything we read was true.

First, everyone at this hotel is extremely friendly and the staff is amazing. We checked in after 11:30 PM on Wednesday, June 6th, and the gentleman working the desk, sorry I didn’t catch his name, provided us with a very warm welcome. He had the energy as if we checked in during the afternoon. We mostly dealt with Nick at the front desk. He was also extremely helpful and friendly. Every time we entered or exited the hotel, someone always acknowledged us and asked us if we needed anything. I can say, the front desk staff are some of the best I have exerted experienced.

Second, and very important if stay for a Mayo Clinic visit, is this hotel is very clean, probably the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed. I am a bit of a cleanliness freak and always bring antibacterial wipes to clean the room before I unpack. This is the first time in my history of traveling that I really did not have to do this. Bathroom was spotless, not a speck of mold, dust, hairs, etc. Same goes for the main living area. Great job housekeeping staff.

There is shuttle service to the Mayo Clinic and St. Mary’s hospital. This did come in handy, but the hospitals are a short drive or a $7 Uber/cab drive away.

There are a few chain restaurants in the area, but we mostly took an Uber back to Downtown Rochester. There are plenty of good, not great, restaurants there. Porch & Cellar was our favorite. Check them out if you are in the mood for fried chicken and biscuits...

The breakfast was okay. It’s fast and free and there is probably something for everyone. They have eggs, breakfast meats, waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereals, yogurts, and baked goods. It would be nice if they had healthier yogurt, such as plain Greek yogurt, and other healthier options, but it’s good for a quick meal.

One final note. I was between The Fairfield Inn and The Towers at Kahler Grand Hotel. The Towers is located right next to The Mayo Clinic and they claim to be the area’s only 5 star hotel. We decided to go to the Kahler for breakfast one morning. We encountered the rudest front desk person and the restaurant is definitely not 5 stars. The service and the food was horrible. In my little experience with the Kahler, I’m so happy we decided to stay at The Fairfield Inn.

If coming to Rochester, book with confidence. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeff A, Guest Services at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear PWHerman,

Thank you for the very gracious and thoughtful review. We are humbled by your comments and so pleased that we could hold to expectations. Your words are most inspirational to our staff and will be shared with them at their next daily meeting. We are so glad you choose to stay with us and hope that should you need to return you will stay with us again.

All our best to you!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We did not come to Rochester to experience the city, but instead we came for Mayo Clinic. Both Jeff and Nick went above and beyond helping us understand the bus system, best places to eat, places to exercise....

The faculty is very clean, all of the staff was not only professional but caring as well. Great price point, OUTSTANDING breakfast selection.

Room Tip: Quite, accommodating, close to Mayo Clinic
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank treyton

Dear Treyton W,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are happy that you choose to stay with us and that we could provide for your needs when you came to Mayo Clinic. Should you ever need to return we would be delighted to host you.

All our best!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came to attend our friends CD release party. It was at Forager Brewing. We simply choose the closest hotel with a good price and good ratings. What we got was a beautiful, well appointed room! Worth noting was the wall mount thermostat! Never have we slept so well...it's either too hot, or too cold! The campus was truly smoke free! Being a non-smoker, one knows as soon as you walk through the hall. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was resort like. The breakfast had an outstanding selection from fresh fruits, bagels, eggs, sausage, and waffles. The only thing that was questionable was wifi. We had poor speed and limited connectivity. Had we been staying longer, it might have been an issue. But we weren't there for the Internet. The whole staff was genuinely polite and willing to help! Highly recommend this convenient gem!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CrftBrDrnkr61
Jeff A, Guest Services at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

DearCrftBrDrnkr61,

Thank you for your kind review. We were pleased to be able to host your stay for the CD release. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We apologize the WiFi was not up to the speed you'd like. We continue to work to increase our technology services with our service providers. Your feedback is most helpful in that regard. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Free parking, free breakfast, a great staff (thanks John for the Rochester Records information), and easy access to Hwy 52 or Hwy 14, on top of having one of the nicest Fairfield's I have ever stayed at, made our single night here great.

Even with the proximity to Hwy 52 /14, the noise was hardly noticeable, even with a room facing the highway.

It is also located across the street from the Cascade Creek Trail so if you want a nice paved running / walking route you are in luck. Also nearby is Kutzky Park, Miracle Mile Shopping Center, Apache Mall, and the Mayo Clinic St. Mary's Campus.

A small, but adequate workout room is available with a few pieces of cardio equipment, which is located next to the indoor pool.

Breakfast was very good, and the first time I had seen it offered.... tortillas to use for making your breakfast burrito!

This was a top notch Fairfield and I would call them first for a room, the next time we travel to Rochester.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IA_Hawks

IA_Hawks,

Thank you for your kind review of our property. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location worked well in meeting your needs. We hope to see you again when you travel to Rochester.

All our best to you!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Arrived Friday the 13th just before spring snow storm. Greeted by front desk staff, very helpful and kind. Room was on top floor (king), very clean. Nice view. Bed was very comfortable. I like having a microwave and mini frig. Office chair is very comfortable. Huge walk in shower w/heavy glass door, not a tub and shower. Elevators were fast. Nice closet for storing bags clothing. The breakfast area was nice, offered the usually quick breakfast items, with healthier options too. Just a nice layout. It was close to 3 different notable restaurants and a great grocery store 3-blocks away. I highly recommend this hotel for stay in Rochester. Its priced right for the amenities you get. Its located at the the end of street. You do hear some of the freeway traffic from Hwy 52. but nothing you can't sleep through.

Room Tip: King bed was nice with lots of pillows (5 or 6)
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business