“Delicious, but very unfriendly.”

Hanisch Bakery and Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Red Wing
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Hanisch Bakery and Coffee Shop is a wonderful small town bakery. Made from scratch pastries, donuts, breads, cakes, and cookies. Try a great lunch or breakfast sandwich in our coffee shop. Great selection to choose from in coffee, flavors, and drinks. Treat yourself to a smoothie or a malt, try the maple bacon donut, or enjoy the amazing buttercream cookies. Hanisch Bakery and Coffee Shop has something for everybody.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Read about this place and wanted to grab a bran muffin for the train ride. Two out of three ladies working there looked us brown skinned people up and down and were extremely unfriendly. Also, Fox News was on tv, so...be prepared, if you're not blue eyed and blond haired...

3  Thank Tisha C

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

It was our first visit to the bakery. I heard a lot about it so I was expecting more, I thought it would be larger. The selection was limited and the sugar doughnut was really greasy.
It seemed like the coffee shop was bigger and more important than the bakery.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I went to buy bakery goods on a Saturday 6/2 and was late enough to have missed the morning rush. I ordered bran muffins- a fave, and thought I’d get a latte to go, as there was not one person in line at the cafe. I quickly went to the cafe and asked if I could order a latte and as 4-5 people were behind the counter, a teen said, “No! I’m busy right now” as she was busily visiting with coworkers.
Surprised, at her rudeness, I just said, “well can I just let you know what I want and you can start on it when you’re available?” And she said “No! I’m busy!”

Luckily, another customer overheard her rude reply to me, and this customer came up to me and whispered “the coffee shop across the street has really good lattes, just go over there.” This was great advice. Loved the coffee at Mandy’s. Also, Mandy’s has baked goods. Hanisch lost me as a customer.

4  Thank shelley0h
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Lots of selection. Could smell the fresh baked goods a block away. The maple bacon donut was superb! The donut was the softest I have ever had.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Use to live in Red Wing and loved this bakery.
So glad I came back. Got rolls, cookies and unique donuts. Excited to share with my family.
Will be back.