“Nice decor, very up North feel but average food.”

Main Street Ale House
Ranked #16 of 29 Restaurants in Nisswa
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The restaurant itself is very nice. We were there for lunch and it wasn't very busy but we could imagine how noisy it must get with more customers. The Brie burger I had was good but nothing special. Lots of flavorful portobello mushrooms on the burger and plate. I would have liked more of the blackberry BBQ sauce to add moistness.
My husband had the smoked brisket sandwich but neither of us liked the marinated red cabbage that it was topped with so it got scraped off right away.
The french fries, however, were the highlight of the meal. Crispy and flavorful. Service was average.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sat out on patio. Loved the menu! Everything was delicious. Service was good. Prices reasonable. Portions are large. Go, you'll enjoy too!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

If you want a simple inexpensive meal this is not the place for you. A hamburger was the only thing that appealed to me. My hamburger was good but priced for lakeside dining, very expensive. We ate inside and it was very noisy. We will not go back.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We have tried this place for lunch twice in the last 2 weeks....and we love it! From the decor, staff, and food....everything is great! Love the sea salt fries! The chicken thigh sandwich was spicy and flavorful. The short rib tacos were good but could use a little more flavor. Great addition to Nisswa...

Reviewed 6 May 2018

The server was young but friendly. I had a great long island iced tea. I ordered the pear pistachio salad; it was good. The provolone bread app was awesome! My daughter and son-in-law enjoyed the cheese and cracker platter.