ZenHotels.com
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
All reviews the pub across the road stage door magnetic island walking distance ground floor stayed nights microwave bay ferry townsville terminal mainland buses
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2020

Room was on the far-side of the Resort with a view of the beach at Gregory Bay. Next to the guest pool, the room was comfortable with advertised amenities, very clean and quiet. Birdlife was abundant in beautiful well maintained surrounds - a curlew did an evening patrol of the grounds. Wheelchair friendly with access to the main part of the Resort - hotel, eateries, pool etc. Easily accessible by car with parking behind the unit. Friendly reception staff - a microwave was offered. Room was suitable for single or couples but family rooms are available. Recommended.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

We were visiting the Stage Door Theatre for New Year’s Eve and didn’t want to battle to get a taxi home back on the mainland. What a perfect location and a great price! We stayed 2 nights. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable and very central to all the island has to offer. Only thing that could have improved our rest would have been some extra pillows.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2019 via mobile

A great location and nice staff but the motel rooms are very sparsely provisioned which, we guess is to 'encourage' people to eat at the Arcadia Pub, where the food is nowhere near as good as it used to be and overpriced. In the motel room we had bare essentials. 2 small plates, two knives, two forks, two bowls and nowhere to prepare the simplest food. We asked and were given a microwave and managed a bit of food prep on the top of the fridge with a rusty door. The corners of the bathroom looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months. Aircon was good. Water was hot but washing my cup in the bathroom basin where I brushed my teeth is really unacceptable these days.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2019

A nice distance from the Nelly Bay terminal, about a 2km walk along the forshore. Room was reasonably basic and a little dated but clean, fresh and open. Great location near the beach, next to the pub. Good valu for money. The woman at reception was very informative and really pleasant.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 1 December 2018

I stayed at this property for 5 nights in November. I arrived early and was kindly allowed to check in a couple of hours early. I had booked a standard room however due to my request for an upstairs room, I was upgraded to a family room on the first floor (greatly appreciated).

The room was spacious, very clean and it had a large balcony overlooking the swimming pool and beautiful Geoffrey Bay. Such a lovely view at all times of the day.

The swimming pool was refreshing and always sunny. May I suggest that the owners consider replacing the 3 sunlounges as all of them were broken and not particularly comfortable for sunworshippers such as me.

The air conditioning and fan in the room worked really well. There is a small bar fridge, toaster and storage space in the room. Whilst the rooms aren't serviced daily, the friendly managers always asked if I needed any supplies such as fresh towels etc.
The motel is situated on Marine Parade (the Main Street) and beautiful Alma Bay is a 5 minute walk away (both Geoffrey Bay and Alma Bay are beautiful but Alma Bay has a stunning setting between granite boulders). There is a life guard at Alma Bay but no stinger enclosure. I swam here as did many others.

Next door to the motel is the pub which is open every evening and is reasonably priced. There are a handful of other restaurants in the area but they are not open every night. I enjoyed the Sunday roast at the RSL on Friday (I think the RSL is open twice a week).

Geoffrey Bay is a lovely quiet spot and you can see rock wallabies at dusk (I also saw them during the day time). Nelly Bay (the marina for the Sealink ferry) is a 5 minute drive from the motel. It's a 30 minute walk and includes Gabul Way which is a wonderful pedestrian walkway which has fantastic views of Bright Point and Geoffrey Bay. There is an IGA at Nelly Bay. The ferry from Townsville only takes 20 minutes (it's only 8km away).

Horseshoe Bay is approximately 15 minutes drive from the Arcadia Village Motel and there is a stinger enclosure and life guard there. There were more dining options at Horsehoe Bay.

Magnetic Island is an idyllic island which has not been spoilt by large scale development. The bird life is prolific and a joy to see. I loved the granite boulders that dominate the landscape. It's a place you could imagine bumping into Captain Cook!

Thank you for a lovely stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Suntanner71
Russell E, Owner at Arcadia Village Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2018

I think that you have covered it . Thank you for your review