Free cancellation until 26/07
Hampton.com
US$134
US$114
CandlewoodSuites
All reviewsroom was largeroot river trailsmall town hotelloavesmnmotel
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I should probably only give this one star, but I'll try not to hate on them too much.. We had a wedding at a farm in the SE corner of MN in Sept, 2017 and saw this hotel had a decent rating and was close by the wedding. We checked in, were given loaves of Banana bread - which was a nice touch - got dressed for the wedding and headed out. When we returned to finally crash for the night, my daughter pulled the sheets back from her bed only to find a spot of dried blood on the bottom sheet. Being in a job that involves blood, my daughter knew it was fresh. I told her if it was fresh there would be a spot on the mattress cover under the sheet. She quickly pulled back the fitted sheet and sure enough there was blood there too. Needless to say my daughter was upset and had a difficult time sleeping on a bloody bed as there was no staff on duty at that time of night to address the problem. We left the following morning around 6:30 AM before anyone was on duty to talk about the dirty sheets. I slid a note under the front desk door telling them what we discovered - along with contact information. Never heard a word from them. So beware...If you plan on staying at this hotel, ask for a room that doesn't have fresh blood on the sheets.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Loken's S, Owner at Loken's Sawmill Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

John and I appreciate your feedback about your stay at Loken's Sawmill Inn this past September . It an unfortunate occurrence , in which we apologize. I have discussed and reviewed expectations with my staff and reviewed the status of our bedding . I'm sorry , but we did not receive your note, to make us aware of your discovery. I welcome you back to Loken's Sawmill Inn for a clean, comfortable and enjoyable visit Thanks again for your feedback ..... Eileen Loken

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Loved Loken's the minute we drove up. Had our choice of rooms. Very big and clean. Surrounded by beautiful scenery and friendly people. Staff was helpful and professional. Cute quilts decorating lobby done by mother of owner.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2017

The room was large, clean, and didn't smell like nasty cleaner like many small town motels. We had a king with hot tub room, quiet nice, but the room was very dark, as in the 20 watt light bulbs didn't give enough light to read.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The room was clean and spacious with an in room Jacuzzi which I did not take advantage of because it was 80+ degrees outside. I opted for the air conditioning. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable. Can't beat the price and it is close to a grocery store and dining/bar. Close by trails. I would recommend this affordable Inn if you find your travels bring you to Houston, MN.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed @ Loken's Sawmill Inn in a Jacuzzi suite & enjoyed it so much..the room was very nice (so clean & decorated neat). The desk help was friendly. I really recommend staying here. I always tell my friends/family that come 2 visit 2 stay @ Loken's..the room price is very reasonable & ur stay will be enjoyable.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo