All reviews grand casino the main hotel grand grill rv park prime rib slot machines mini vacation gaming floor great casino twin cities players club players card hot tub gambling blackjack minnesota mn
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed for a family wedding on a weekend. The wedding staff and food service was great. The food is also first class. They really put on a nice event!

Too bad that management allows smoking and the hotel design doesn't do a good job of segregating the smoking areas from the non-smoking areas. For non-smokers this is NOT a great place to visit.

It didn't help that the reservation computer system was out-of-service for at least THREE DAYS. One member of our party reserved a King room and got two full beds instead, not happy. Another member of our party is allergic to smoke and woke one morning to a room full of smoke wafting from the room next door, and he was supposedly in a non-smoking wing. It took a few minutes of the inhaler to determine that he didn't need to go to the hospital, but there was some doubt for a while. I felt sorry for the staff at the reservation desk, they were trying to do a good job in a lousy situation. What is up with the management of this place, they need to get their act together.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Joe_S_Caja
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I was a little nervous to stay here because some of the reviews I read seemed to be less than flattering, but I was very pleasantly surprised with our stay. We arrived late, and we did have a longer wait time to check in, but I think the employee was new, and it wasn't really a big deal at all. Our room was clean, modern, and had no noticable wear and tear. There were no issues with noise at all (and we stayed there on a Friday night). I used the work out room in the morning, and everything was working properly and stocked (towels, water, etc.) well. We ate breakfast in the restaurant and the service and food were both good. I even commented to my husband when we left that I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Stayed here one night 7/9/11 in room 509. Checked in at 4pm, and there were only 3 people ahead of me. Asked for quiet room, and got a quiet room away from the elevators, staff at check in were friendly. Room was nice, no smell of smoke in room, or on that floor at all. Decor a little out dated, not not terrible. My hubbie was satisfied with flat screen tv. Beds had some kind of mattress topper that made them very cushy, and comfortable. Sleep soundly, did not hear any noise at all. Did not use spa, exercise room, or pool. Signed up for the casino rewards card, and was given a $5 credit to gamble with. We both came out money ahead playing slots. Casino smelled ofsmoke, but they all do in MN. Buffet for dinner was excellent, many great choices. Had breakfast at american grill, and service was quick, good, and reasonaby priced. Would stay here again for the fact of hotel being connected to casino, other properties you have to walk or shuttle to get to casino.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nursecommander
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Looked like the best established hotel for several miles around, that would suffice for a business trip. The casino itself wasn't a draw, and if anything was a deterent, so this is not about the casino. Grounds, lobby, and the room looked fine and appeared to be clean -- BUT THE ENTIRE INDOOR AREA SIMPLY REEKS OF STALE CIGARETTE SMOKE! If you like the lingering aroma of an old, gas station restroom, then you might like. I won't go back there, and will drive the extra 30-45 minutes to a better place (like the Hampton Inn at Lino Lakes).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SSDtraveler
Reviewed 7 June 2011

After reading the tripadvisor reviews of the Grand Casino Hinckley, my husband and I were a little nervous about our reservation. Our fears were relieved upon check-in. Check-in was quick and easy. The front desk staff accomodated our wish to check in before 4 p.m. as we were at the hotel to attend a wedding that began at 4:30.
While the casino is very smoky, the smoke was undetectable in the east wing of the hotel where our room was located. The room was perfectly adequate for our one night stay. It was clean and the air conditioning worked well. There was a microwave and small refrigerator in the credenza below the flat screen tv. Bathroom was clean and the shower had good water pressure. Beds were comfortable. One suggestion that I would give to the hotel is to get rid of the 90's style bedspreads and move toward a duvet like bed cover.
We worried that our room would be a disaster. Thankfully we worried for nothing! I would definitely stay at the Grand Casino Hinckley again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends